Basic questions (1 Viewer)

Tonymark

Free Member
Aug 19, 2010
Funster No
Hi, I have recently taken the plunge and bought a 1990 Swift Kon-tiki on a Fiat Ducato 2.5 non turbo. As I try to familarise myself I have a few questions if anyone can help? 1. I want to fit new glow plugs but cannot figure how to remove the 4th plug ( Extreme left as looking at the engine). 2. There are 2 waste tanks, the one which discharges from the passengers side only seems to be piped to connect to the sink drainer. All other outlets to the rear tank, is this correct? 3. The gear stick has been welded at some point, it works fine and gear change is good, should I be concerned that it might break again? any spares out there? 4. Lastly I read that the rear axle need regular greasing. There appears to be grease around the nipples so that is promising!! However I am confused as to whether both sides have to be lifted together or if you can raise one and grease and then repeat on other side. While on this, is it acceptable to use a quality general grease as the recommended ones are proving difficult to obtain. Appreciate any advice there might be out there. TMark

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Tony

You have now posted the same questions three times within the space of 30mins:whatthe:

Its not that people arent taking notice because they are. Its just that the people who are on the forum right now dont know the answers becuase they are specific to your Kontiki.

I'll gaurantee that others will be along who do know the deatil of your mh and will give you answers.

Welcome too the Fun Site.

Jim
:Smile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back