Base vehicle service, non main dealer. (1 Viewer)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Been in the business well over 30 years and the one big difference is indeed oil quality.
Wouldn't worry about running your oil to the 2 year mark especially when you only did 4 k so far.
New oils are nowhere like the oils of years ago, they don't absorb moisture, withstand pressures and wear superbly and at 4k on it it will still be good.
Notwithstanding all of the above, I have clients who want oil changes every 5k, and I can't change their minds. At the end of the day if it obtains nothing else but peace of mind then I say change it..... certainly won't do any harm.
Hope this assists.

Jon
Absolutely

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I tried to book my van in for a service ( 18 months old and 15000 miles) and was quoted £460. I rang another Peugeot dealer and they quoted me £30 less because I had been there before, but, the guy said it didn't need a service till it was 2 years old or had covered 30K miles, whichever is sooner.
But, he also said that a very low mileage vehicle would need a service sooner, usually every 12 months.
Don't know the logic here.
Anyway, I couldn't drive my MH for two years without having the oil changed, so did it myself, with the proper oil, at 9000.

We bought a new Beetle in 2008 ( 2L diesel) we had it serviced at the recommended intervals ( 25000miles) and it was still running like new when we sold it at 90000 after 3 services.
The new long life oil seems to work fine, but, I'll still keep changing the oil early in the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
So he would have to change his oil 43 times to be like you :LOL:

Correct,,,,i did it on four vans and four HGVs,,,mind it was 15 odd years ago,,did not use synthetic...BUSBY..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back