Barriers on car parks in skeg (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I find myself pulling hair out when motorhome owners say, "you can't blame local authorities".

English councils should use the laws that exist to protect people and places. Don't erect a barrier because it's easier than enforcing the laws of the land. That's knee jerk reaction by local authorities putting their fingers in their ears. It's just lazy and feckless and that's why you can blame local authorities.

If English local authorities are right in their actions motorhomers won't have anywhere to go other than a campsite in accordance with the Public Health Act of 1936 and the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960. If this is best for England in the 21st Century why did Scotland bring in Outdoor Access Code?
English councils do use the legislation available. What they don't do is spend far more on some solutions than others when the public interest is not served by doing so.

The Scottish Outdoor Access Code is irrelevant to this discussion. Camping under the Code "is lightweight, done in small numbers and only for two or three nights in any one place" - i.e. nothing to do with camping in motorhomes.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
upload_2015-4-2_14-32-3.png

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
not sure what the height limit is, but it must stop quite few other 4x4's

as ever a minority have f@@cked it up for the rest of us
The answer to your question is in the letter from the council above.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Alan
Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
I don't suppose many motor homers will use the designated Parking over Easter
At the bus station.
image.jpg

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I don't suppose many motor homers will use the designated Parking over Easter
At the bus station.
View attachment 58316
A prime example of the abuse which the rest of us suffer - and ELDC are in the front line of dealing with. A prime example, also, of the need for Broken Link Removed we were discussing a couple of weeks ago but which only the Conservatives seem willing to introduce.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
The problem they had last year was the gypsies turned up on a Friday evening after the council offices were shut, filled the car park with caravans and it took several days to have them moved off, they just moved then to other car parks in local villages causing pubs and restaurants to close, affecting there takings in what should be there busiest time of the year.

TBH,
It's the Irish travelling knackers that cause all the problems.
Take over the car parks and completely destroy it leaving an ungodly mess in their wake and having to be evicted.
It also deters anyone from visiting the vicinity as most are loud and obnoxious.
It's not only public areas they attempt to take over its private land too which is a problem for the owners.......

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
but even cars can cause a mess. we had a car pull up next to us. then out of the car came 5 lots of Mac/d wrappers and large cups. then lots of plastic bottles , and then quite a lot of beer bottles. and then before they drove of they tipped all their ashtrays all over the ground. the car park Hitler came round gave us a nasty look. I just pointed to his ccc cameras.

lesr48

Free Member
Oct 25, 2014
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
Since 2014
Broken Link Removed
If you have a look at this story, it shows they are after everyone, not just m/homers

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Travellers in the bus station. Brilliant!

Hopefully I won't be alone in demanding the installation of height barriers there too.

What a shower of public servants.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
The buses won't be able to get in.:)

Yes the buses wouldn't be able to get in if you erect a height barrier but you will need to think more like a Councillor. By erecting height barriers at the bus station you will ensure that freeloaders cannot use the area to park. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back