Barrel lock fitting on habitation door. (1 Viewer)

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
I need to change the lock on the habitation door due to the old one wearing and becoming sloppy.

The outer part of the lock/doorhandle has arrived but the barrel lock is separate.

If I I just push the lock barrel into the hole will it stay there, or is there some other method of fixing it in position.

Thanks.

SandT

Free Member
Oct 15, 2012
Malta
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek
Exp
If its a euro type barrel then you just push it in then its fixed in place by a screw through the door jamb.

See this utube video ....

Terry

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I need to change the lock on the habitation door due to the old one wearing and becoming sloppy.
The outer part of the lock/doorhandle has arrived but the barrel lock is separate.
If I I just push the lock barrel into the hole will it stay there, or is there some other method of fixing it in position.
Thanks.

If you are able to take the old one out .........you will know how to fit new one:xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
If you are able to take the old one out .........you will know how to fit new one:xThumb:

Thanks for that, it's because the old one keeps coming out with the key the lock is so worn that I am having to replace the whole thing. I need to know how to secure the new barrel lock into the new door handle/lock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back