Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Help and advice please. We have a new traveler. A 4 month old cockerpoo puppy. She has had all her jabs flea treatment and everything else, has been micro chipped and got every toy and collar lead and coat you could imagine, , , yep spoilt rotten...... What do we need to take her to see Santa in Brugge, honest sheis not as spoilt as me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Has she had her rabies jab and has she got her pet passport duly stamped with the rabies certification? If the answer to these questions is yes, then all you need to arrange is for her to have tapeworm treatment and have her passport stamped by a vet in Belgium/France 1 - 5 days before you return to the UK.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
A dog you will fall in love with quickly .Buy it a small cage to travel in pref one you can fasten in with seatbelts ,KEEP IT SAFE and enjoy :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Froghopper, I am very jellyass, always want a cockerpoo, we have had 3 cockers now with our 4th, Emily , very head strong but loveable.
Can't help with prep for Brugge as we always kennel our dog when going abroad but she comes with us on all our UK travels,Please put some photo's on the thread, give your dog a hug for me , what's her /his name.
:sin: Terry:sin:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Great dogs,here's ours he loves coming on our travels.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 52

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Doh !!!!!

Help and advice please. We have a new traveler. A 4 month old [HI]cockerpoo [/HI]puppy. She has had all her jabs flea treatment and everything else, has been micro chipped and got every toy and collar lead and coat you could imagine, , , yep spoilt rotten...... What do we need to take her to see Santa in Brugge, honest sheis not as spoilt as me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's a bleedin Mongrel fer chrisake !!! It doesn't have a kennel club pedigree, it is the result of two canines having a shag !!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No offence meant by the way !!!

Last edited:

Another Lesley

Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
North East
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
We travel with four dogs, each has their own travel crate. I have the fabric fold down ones which are lightweight and because they fold flat are easy to store when not in use. They travel on the floor of the MH which means that in the event of sharp breaking (not happened yet) they can't fall off the seats. One word of warning though, these crates have zips....one of my wee beasties can undo zips,:RollEyes: so she now travels in a plastic dog box like they use for air travel.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
ll you need to know is here

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad

if you are going for less than 4 days get the dog tape wormed in uk by your vet and passport stamped before you go. then you dont need to spend a day looking for a vet at least 24 hrs before you come home.... more Santa time:thumb:

OP
OP
froghopper

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Her dog

Oh dear, now u ave dun it, a mongrel. :cry::cry::cry: please let me know when and where u go so we don't meet,,the dog would lick u to death.. But s h m b o well I dread to think :Blush::Blush::Blush: I told her it had a pedigree just as real as mine,,, did I tell u I was born in spark hill brumyland,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
PS; we have a dogs lead with a seat belt clip end, which can clip into a rear seat belt holder to restrain the dog if you wish.
our cocker spaniel is very well behaved when travelling lies quietly on the floor (he is not ever allowed on the furniture ) just to the rear of the front seats, so rarely needs restraining.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Oh dear, now u ave dun it, a [HI]mongrel[/HI]. :cry::cry::cry: please let me know when and where u go so we don't meet,,the dog would lick u to death.. But s h m b o well I dread to think :Blush::Blush::Blush: I told her it had a pedigree just as real as mine,,, did I tell u I was born in spark hill brumyland,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::

we are all of this variety,,,,, it is only dogs ( generally ) who are inbread:ROFLMAO:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Help and advice please. We have a new traveler. A 4 month old cockerpoo puppy. She has had all her jabs flea treatment and everything else, has been micro chipped and got every toy and collar lead and coat you could imagine, , , yep spoilt rotten...... What do we need to take her to see Santa in Brugge, honest sheis not as spoilt as me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So, assuming you haven't had her pet passport etc done then realistically you've left it a bit late for this year but assuming you're not wanting to go straight away you MIGHT be able to get her done! You have to have the rabies jab done and passport written out then, AFAIK, although you can take her out of the UK you cannot bring her back until at least 3 weeks have passed as that's the time they now require for the dog to build up the necessary resistance to rabies.

So, have you had her passport done already?

I have 3 dogs, 2 'mongrels' and one pedi, the mongrels are a staffie/greyhound cross (staffie-hound?) and a chihuahua/jack russell ... most people call these 'jackhuahua' but I prefer 'chisel' especially with the way she destroys her toys!!! :ROFLMAO:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Don't forget poo bags..... When you have been out for a meal,they are ideal for bringing a tasty treat back for your ,"Wo-Wo". Friends have two Cockerpoo's, Amber the lady,sticks to you like glue,Ko Ko.is a dog c/poo, BUT!,thinks he is a Rotty!!.Lovely dogs,enjoy.
Tea Bag. Knitting another dog from the fur i swept up this morning:ROFLMAO:

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Oh dear, now u ave dun it, a mongrel. :cry::cry::cry: please let me know when and where u go so we don't meet,,the dog would lick u to death.. But s h m b o well I dread to think :Blush::Blush::Blush: I told her it had a pedigree just as real as mine,,, did I tell u I was born in spark hill brumyland,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::
Nothing wrong with Spark hill:thumb:

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Without sounding silly any dog not secure when travelling no matter how timid and quiet ,if someone crashes into you with no fault of your own the dog could go through the windscreen ,taking your head off on the way,not wanting to be an alarmist even if your dog crashes into the rear of your seat and is maimed or killed you would forever regret not spending pos £25 on a cage that can be fastened through the seat belts and after use folded away .We put our cage up and put our yorkies in everytime the van moves .They have seat belts in the rear of the car as they cannot fall sideways off the seat as they can in the van .I dont think most people would leave there satnav rolling about on the dashboard .Take good care of your dog and be happy.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back