Barking mad

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by froghopper, Nov 18, 2013.

1. froghopper

froghopper Read Only Funster

Help and advice please. We have a new traveler. A 4 month old cockerpoo puppy. She has had all her jabs flea treatment and everything else, has been micro chipped and got every toy and collar lead and coat you could imagine, , , yep spoilt rotten...... What do we need to take her to see Santa in Brugge, honest sheis not as spoilt as me :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

2. The Dude

The Dude Funster

Has she had her rabies jab and has she got her pet passport duly stamped with the rabies certification? If the answer to these questions is yes, then all you need to arrange is for her to have tapeworm treatment and have her passport stamped by a vet in Belgium/France 1 - 5 days before you return to the UK.

3. treetops1

treetops1 Funster

A dog you will fall in love with quickly .Buy it a small cage to travel in pref one you can fasten in with seatbelts ,KEEP IT SAFE and enjoy :Smile:

4. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi Froghopper, I am very jellyass, always want a cockerpoo, we have had 3 cockers now with our 4th, Emily , very head strong but loveable.
    Can't help with prep for Brugge as we always kennel our dog when going abroad but she comes with us on all our UK travels,Please put some photo's on the thread, give your dog a hug for me , what's her /his name.
    :sin: Terry:sin:

5. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

Great dogs,here's ours he loves coming on our travels.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Doh !!!!!

It's a bleedin Mongrel fer chrisake !!! It doesn't have a kennel club pedigree, it is the result of two canines having a shag !!!!:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

No offence meant by the way !!!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  7. Another Lesley

Another Lesley Read Only Funster

We travel with four dogs, each has their own travel crate. I have the fabric fold down ones which are lightweight and because they fold flat are easy to store when not in use. They travel on the floor of the MH which means that in the event of sharp breaking (not happened yet) they can't fall off the seats. One word of warning though, these crates have zips....one of my wee beasties can undo zips,:RollEyes: so she now travels in a plastic dog box like they use for air travel.

8. Phill D

Phill D

ll you need to know is here

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad

if you are going for less than 4 days get the dog tape wormed in uk by your vet and passport stamped before you go. then you dont need to spend a day looking for a vet at least 24 hrs before you come home.... more Santa time:thumb:

9. froghopper

froghopper Read Only Funster

Her dog

Oh dear, now u ave dun it, a mongrel. :cry::cry::cry: please let me know when and where u go so we don't meet,,the dog would lick u to death.. But s h m b o well I dread to think :Blush::Blush::Blush: I told her it had a pedigree just as real as mine,,, did I tell u I was born in spark hill brumyland,:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::

10. Phill D

Phill D

PS; we have a dogs lead with a seat belt clip end, which can clip into a rear seat belt holder to restrain the dog if you wish.
    our cocker spaniel is very well behaved when travelling lies quietly on the floor (he is not ever allowed on the furniture ) just to the rear of the front seats, so rarely needs restraining.

11. Phill D

Phill D

we are all of this variety,,,,, it is only dogs ( generally ) who are inbread:Rofl1:

12. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

So, assuming you haven't had her pet passport etc done then realistically you've left it a bit late for this year but assuming you're not wanting to go straight away you MIGHT be able to get her done! You have to have the rabies jab done and passport written out then, AFAIK, although you can take her out of the UK you cannot bring her back until at least 3 weeks have passed as that's the time they now require for the dog to build up the necessary resistance to rabies.

So, have you had her passport done already?

I have 3 dogs, 2 'mongrels' and one pedi, the mongrels are a staffie/greyhound cross (staffie-hound?) and a chihuahua/jack russell ... most people call these 'jackhuahua' but I prefer 'chisel' especially with the way she destroys her toys!!! :Rofl1:

13. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Hi.
    Don't forget poo bags..... When you have been out for a meal,they are ideal for bringing a tasty treat back for your ,"Wo-Wo". Friends have two Cockerpoo's, Amber the lady,sticks to you like glue,Ko Ko.is a dog c/poo, BUT!,thinks he is a Rotty!!.Lovely dogs,enjoy.
    Tea Bag. Knitting another dog from the fur i swept up this morning:Rofl1:

14. marrod23

marrod23 Funster

Nothing wrong with Spark hill:thumb:

15. treetops1

treetops1 Funster

Without sounding silly any dog not secure when travelling no matter how timid and quiet ,if someone crashes into you with no fault of your own the dog could go through the windscreen ,taking your head off on the way,not wanting to be an alarmist even if your dog crashes into the rear of your seat and is maimed or killed you would forever regret not spending pos £25 on a cage that can be fastened through the seat belts and after use folded away .We put our cage up and put our yorkies in everytime the van moves .They have seat belts in the rear of the car as they cannot fall sideways off the seat as they can in the van .I dont think most people would leave there satnav rolling about on the dashboard .Take good care of your dog and be happy.:thumb: