Free Member
Jul 4, 2012
mid wales
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
5 years
We are planning a trip to Pembrokeshire. Barafundle Bay and stackpole look interesting but lools like access may be difficult. Google street view only goes so far.
Any funsters know the area? Please share your experience.We like to wild camp or pub car park.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
For Barafundle you park at Stackpole Quay. It's National Trust so £2.50 a
Day or free if member. Access not a problem. Don't think overnighting is allowed but car park attendant goes home about 5.30:winky:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
know the area well including a great cl at North lodge walking distance from stackpole quay and bosherton lilly ponds if you dot mind a longgggg walk. take our van to stackpole quay on occasions but unless you are a member ntational trust parking fees for a motohome is not cheap.
let me know if you want more info, we love the area and often go there for a few days whenever the weather suddenly smiles.

great sea fishing at stackpole quay, and a tea room. also nice pub in stackpole village.

and theres also FRESHWATER WEST and Angle and too many to mention close by.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
PS; as this area is mostly national park wild camping is likely to be a problem but there are some off the track camping areas.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I was there at Easter. Fantastic meal at the cafe. A bit disorganised but really good.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
we love the walk with the dog, from North Lodge ( st petrox ) through the woods to Bosherton lilly ponds, around the ponds to Broad haven bay, up over the cliffs on the coastal path to Barafundle bay, then on again to Stackpole quay and a top up in the cafe at the quay side. then over the downs back to Bosherton house and back to st Petrox.

fantastic walk and scenery, and a choice of woodland, lakeside, beach, cliff top paths topped up with refreshments mid walk.

otters in the lake, and lots of wildlife, great mackerel and bass fishing from the rocks and golden sand and blue seas.

love it.:thumb:

i should be on the Welsh tourist board :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I limit myself to once around the ponds and lunch and beers in the St Govans Inn::bigsmile:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Barafundle bay is one of Wales best kept secrets, well worth a visit, an easy 10 to 15 min walk, great ans safe for swimming and mostly used by locals. I'm a Pemroke boy and my son still lives there.

David:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back