Bank of mum and dad' lends £5bn a year in UK, says L&G (1 Viewer)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Kids haven't got a bloody chance nowadays, crap jobs crap wages no security glad I'm not a teenager today.
Those of us in our late 50s early 60s have had a fantastic life and opportunities, peace, plenty of jobs, decent wages and a housing boom which gave us a great lifestyle. Why shouldn't we help our kids have a decent life with some of the profits isn't that a parents job.
We have 4 kids all work bloody hard long hours but without our help 3 of the 4 would never own a house.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Been there, done that. Let's just say daughter married, husband decided selling house was a good idea, now rented for 8 years......... I won't do it again.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Been there, done that. Let's just say daughter married, husband decided selling house was a good idea, now rented for 8 years......... I won't do it again.

Should have made it legal we do, nothing lent to partners or spouses and always covered by a legal document before we part with a penny.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Does this mean we will get a government bail out. Childless taxpayers are not going to like this :Grin:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Done it a few times for our kids all ways had the money back might have took a bit of time but its been there ,would I do it again yes they will have it later any way.John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back