Bank holiday in. France

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Welsh girl, May 1, 2011.

1. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Here we are sitting in the middle of a municipal campsite in Gray in the middle of France. A massive site with just 4 campers here. I am amazed by reading some posts and have experienced myself the cost and difficulty of getting on some sites on a bank holiday weekend. And here we are by the side of a lovely canal with a restaurant in spitting distance all for the price of a CL back in the UK.
    We are definitely coming back to France for bank holidays in the future.
    When we think what happened on the last bank holiday for us,crowded in a haven site and the going price for that was38pound a night. Not that we paid that,we took a seasonal there,never again though. Much too long in one place A fiver a night is what swayed us though.
    We are paying 13 euro a night. There is an aire next door but am getting Tez used to the idea first with some crafty comments. He WILL get brave soon.LOL
    It is our first time here in France but certainly won't be the last. The weather seems more settled here too,or is it nice in the UK as well?

2. bish

bish Read Only Funster

hi, as im new to the site, its great to hear than holidays in france are what i hoped, sounds like your in a fab place but our weather at the moment has defeated all bank holidays as its BRIGHT SUNSHINE AGAIN.
    enjoy your hols, bish:Wink:

3. laneside

laneside Funster

Don't wear anything out as we are on the Thursday lunch time ferry to Calais.

We have the ACSI book and card and we have All the Aires book so start looking out for us,

Enjoy Alan and lynda and Ken and Steph

• Like Like x 2
  4. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:I am very happy that you are enjoying your time here in France......

Amicalement

Frankie:Cool::Cool:

5. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

It's much more than I guessed here. It's lovely. Our waiter the other night said he was from Tolouse!! I said I had a friend there. Hope you don't mind calling you that? I didn't think my French or his english could have stood up to the conversation!!
    Even though we didnt enjoy our meal,the food in the supermarket is delightfully different,even though I don't know what much of it is,it is a nice surprise taste wise,no need to bring lots of provisions here.
    The food is as I say very nice and reasonable too, even the water which we buy even though you can drink it, works out at 5pence a litre, we just don't like the taste of tap water.

6. Pikey Pete

Pikey Pete Read Only Funster

If you're looking for the French Motorhomers on a Bank Holiday, they are on the Aires up and down the coast or near big expanses of water. Especially the free ones.

Popped in to La Rochelle Easter Sunday and the aire which should hold 20 or so had around 60 Units clogging the whole car park up.

It's the same at all the popular spots, the maximum allowed number of units, for any of the free aires means nothing to them.

Often plenty of room on the pay ones though.

Pete:Cool:

PS if they're not on the aires they are probably in Adenquirke buying up all the cheap baccy:Rofl1:

7. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

8. Parcverger

Parcverger Funster - Campsite Owner

Yes, France is such a beautiful country, with so many options in camping terms, ranging from aires where you can be cheek-by-jowl with far too many others sometims, to virtually empty campsites (many of which do not open until May anyway). The countryside varies so much, but every day we are thankful that we chose to come to the Limousin, it is just so lovely, with its forests and lakes, and the rolling countryside.

Whether you visit us at Parc Verger (www.parcverger.com) or not, we are sure that you will enjoy the options that France presents. The foods - generally in-season and very fresh - and wines make it such a delight to live here let alone to visit, and the driving is a real pleasure. the difference between driving north and south of the Channel is unbelievable.

Bob