jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I have just had an email asking for my bank details be aware these things look genuine trying to say you need to log on with the link for some important reason be certain no bank or card company or anything like it will ever send you this type of thing paypal is another one I have had NEVER REPLY TO THEM the link they send you is to get your details:Eeek:

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
I had 6 the other day, all the same within about 5 hours.

The only difference from them was each one was a different bank, the last one wasn't even a bank, it was the tax office. :ROFLMAO:

Apart from the name, the wording was exactly the same. Surely, you'd have to be a bit thick to fall for that.

OP
OP
jhorsf

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I know 99% of us know about the scams but I thought maybe if it may saves at least one person it was worth posting again

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
No you're right! Most of them are pretty believable. Especially the PayPal ones. It's just on this occasion, it was a bit daft sending multiples out in case one of them was the correct bank.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Going on from this, I have just had an email asking me to print my ticket for flying american airlines and had a zip file ready to be unzipped,which contained my ticket so it said, I thought my cc card had been used fraudulently so checked that account but no sign of the amount that was supposed to have been taken but deleted it before opening zip file as I was too suspicious of it as I had not ordered a flight to Wichita on the 27th January at 9.15 pm which is my birthday so could have been a ruse to get me to think its a birthday surprise??

PS and it said dear customer, well if I HAD ordered that they would know my name surely?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Also be careful with the phone calls also, was an article in yesterdays paper that someone phone an elderly lady siad they where from her bank and asked for her details half way through the conversation she got suspicious. She then hung up and called her bank and in that few seconds they had withdrew £280. The bank traced it to a paypal account and got it back but just shows how quick they are.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Listen Guys, I can really help you out here instead of answering all these e-mails asking for your bank details.........Just pm them to me and I will pass them on :whatthe: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I must have forwarded near enough 100 to Santander's "phishing" e-mail address in the last couple of months with no response despite complaining to Santander that they are just giving out so much hot air when they say they are fighting it.

Hardly get any others and most acknowledge when they are sent on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back