Free Member
Aug 11, 2011
Haslemere
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We're newbies
We decided to take a well earned break in the motorhome. The New Forest would be beautiful this time of year. So Monday morning off we set packed to the gunnels with a weeks supplies ready for a quiet relaxing break, walking and cycling and just chilling out.:Smile:
We arrived at the site about an hour and a half later, set up and decided to go for a walk in the forest. Beautiful beech and majestic oak, their leaves now turned golden yellows and browns and beginning to carpet the forest floor.
An hour later we were back at the motorhome and preparing lunch. Tuna sandwiches then a siesta for a couple of hours. Babs was dozing whilst I read, when we both heard a cat meow. Quickly Babs opened all the cupboards while I checked outside. We had a stowaway, and sure enough out from underneath strolled our neighbour’s cat! I suggested we give it the bus fare home but Babs wouldn’t have that. Great! We now had a 3 hour round trip to take it home plus the cost of the fuel. So we told the site owners what we were doing and off we set. 60 Miles home, 60 miles back with a short break in-between to kick the cat out.:Sad:
We arrived back at the site late in the evening set up again (anyone who owns a caravan or motorhome knows how much is involved in packing and unpacking everything properly), cooked dinner and went to bed.
Tuesday was a lovely day walking, Babs taking pictures of another New Forest pony or herd of bulls. We started to relax and unwind. ::bigsmile:
Wednesday we got up as usual not too early, had breakfast and were planning the day when there was a knock at the door. It was the site owner with her little boy. Our first thought was she’d come to say good morning and check everything was OK, but no! ‘The cat we’d taken back’ she asked ‘was it black and fluffy’. Panic, :whatthe:‘Yes it was’. ‘Are you sure it’s your neighbours cat’ she continued ‘as ours is black and fluffy and has been missing since Monday’. More Panic!!:Eeek:
(I should add here that our neighbours cat is black and fluffy and they both have a bit missing out of their ear.)
So we packed again and set off home to find the cat called Bandit. It was a very quiet journey. We got home and of course Bandit wasn’t sitting on the doorstep waiting for us. So we began knocking on doors and checking the local woods. We checked with the Cat Protection League and printed fliers to put through doors. No luck and it was dark. The motorhome was parked out front in the hope Bandit would recognised it.
We weren’t feeling very good at this time but Babs never stopped watching in case he came back to the motorhome.:Sad:
And then suddenly Babs called out from the kitchen ‘Bob he’s here!’ ‘He’s here!’. And there was Bandit sitting on the front path. Babs rushed out and picked him up. She fed him and gave him some water while I telephoned the site owner to give her the good news.
So another 120 mile round trip but a happy ending and that’s all that matters. Perhaps next time we will have a relaxing trip to the New Forest.
:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
What a great story and just shows how kind people can be even if it does go wrong....

Well done on that.......................:Smile:

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Are you sure it is Bandit and not the neighbours cat? :roflmto:

Great story btw. :thumb: