Ban caravans from the Westcountry?? (1 Viewer)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Thought you still did all that, just a lot more subtly. We had a major sailing championships at Mounts Bay. The sailing club added 50 p a pint to their beer prices the day before everyone turned up. One guy who arrived early and found out was appalled and vowed never to return.

And the pasties were crap

I can't comment on the pasties but I can't see a problem with increasing the price of the beer! A members only club might be using members to run the bar for normal events but might have had to employ staff for a major championships. If it is was a truly commercial organisation then I would have been upset but not for a small west country sailing club which is probably strapped for cash!

If it was me there would be a tourist tax throughout the UK for the benefit of local councils to spend. This is done on the continent and other places in the world.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Thought you still did all that, just a lot more subtly. We had a major sailing championships at Mounts Bay. The sailing club added 50 p a pint to their beer prices the day before everyone turned up. One guy who arrived early and found out was appalled and vowed never to return.

And the pasties were crap
We were buying some fish and chips a the mobile chippy in Tobermory, Isle of Mull during the Easter hols, having been told that they were some of best in the country; we were disappointed - they were mediocre at best. To make it worse, a school kid behind us bought chips and gravy and was charged 50p more than the price that he normally paid. He was told by the person serving that he had to pay was the holiday price. The usual price would resume after the holidays.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Here is another one
Broken Link Removed
same story . i actually drove for gregory,s as well but carrying milk up north . we did wash the tanks out . ha ha after all the milk might contaminate the sewage . hee hee . if only i could tell you how many milk tankers leave cornwall and devon every day . i used to go to birmingham ,southampton, gloucester , london regularly . dont switch off in the yard as the next driver is ready to go again with another trailer .

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
same story . i actually drove for gregory,s as well but carrying milk up north . we did wash the tanks out . ha ha after all the milk might contaminate the sewage . hee hee . if only i could tell you how many milk tankers leave cornwall and devon every day . i used to go to birmingham ,southampton, gloucester , london regularly . dont switch off in the yard as the next driver is ready to go again with another trailer .

I would suggest that you either put up or shut up making potentially libellous comments like that on an open forum!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I can't comment on the pasties but I can't see a problem with increasing the price of the beer! A members only club might be using members to run the bar for normal events but might have had to employ staff for a major championships. If it is was a truly commercial organisation then I would have been upset but not for a small west country sailing club which is probably strapped for cash!

If it was me there would be a tourist tax throughout the UK for the benefit of local councils to spend. This is done on the continent and other places in the world.

Been sailing dinghies for well over 40 years and no other sailing club has done this. It is extremely bad form. MBSC is not a small club......

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its only joking . most know on here i also drove sewage tankers and milk tankers .
i will say they get a real good wash out every time the milk tanks are emptied . so dont worry .
i,m sure any one reading this will get the joke .
i hoped the hee hee would be enough .

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
I don't think its a topic to be joked about. It had the potential to destroy all trust in that business but at least you've tried to put the record straight!

With the number of members on here I doubt that the majority would know it was supposed to be a joke!

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
We just need to ban banning and that way nothing can be banned as we'd have banned it from being so, simples :)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
down and left a bit.just keep going till you see the sea.

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
I live here & that pillocks lorries are constantly conjesting our roads & I must add not very good drivers either

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back