bamburgh castle

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by stephen harwood, Sep 5, 2015.

1. stephen harwood

stephen harwood Funster

Hi guys near alnwick at moment is there motorhome parking at banburgh castle getting con flicting stories, we are 7mtrs and bit of poorly wife , we got a feeling of not wanted further back south regards steve. Ps not wilding

2. andy63

andy63 Funster

Not aware of any facilities around the castle but the c&cc club have a small site at Beadnell which isn't too far south of Bamburgh
    Just north of Alnwick heading twords dunstanburgh castle there is another site called dunstan hill..
    Both easily Google. .
    Ta andy
    P's. . That's if you are looking for stopover.. If it's just to park up for day I'm not sure what parking is available for 7m mh.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

There is a large carpark at the base of the castle but would require a bit of up hill walking, depends on your wife's mobility as to wether or not this is viable. Worth a visit if you can make it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stephen harwood

stephen harwood Funster

Thanks guys im actually on dunstan hill site now good site very good wardens etc, its just parking regards steve

• Like Like x 1
  5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Your answer is Here, Stephen. Under North East of England, the official answer which Chris Calvert, the manager, provided.

• Like Like x 3
  6. stephen harwood

stephen harwood Funster

Thanks guys were going

7. Feltwell

Feltwell Funster

I was there last week in a 7.5m van. Car park at bottom of castle has plenty of space, but as said above you have a short walk up a steep hill. It's a free car park.

The castle's own car park that is up the hill, that does charge, looks a bit tight to get in but not impossible if it's not too crowded.

If you want to go to the beach there is a big car park about half a mile south of the castle next to the dunes which, despite signs saying otherwise, does not lock it's gates at 5pm

Overall I found Northumberland really good for MH parking - I only struggled slightly at Alnwick, until I spotted that they had 4 spaces for "large camper vans only" in one car park that, miracles of miracles, no cars had taken! And it was right next to the castle and gardens entrance!

• Like Like x 2
  8. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Northumberland Council has a specific Motorhome Parking page on its web site, linked from Here. No prizes for guessing who asked them to publish it :D

• Like Like x 3
  9. stephen harwood

stephen harwood Funster

Thanks guys got in top car park ok going to do alnwick tomorrow regards steve

10. Feltwell

Feltwell Funster

Greenwell Road was where I found the MH spaces. There's a lot of car parks all along that road - first car park on the right is the one, turn left after entering it, the spaces aren't that obvious unless a van is already parked in one! Free parking as well.

• Like Like x 1