LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Robert Knowles, 46, of Barrow-in-Furness, was fined £800 and ordered to pay costs of £3,500 at the Furness and District Magistrate court on Tuesday after being prosecuted by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). He pleaded guilty to flying a small unmanned surveillance aircraft within 50 metres of a structure..

I'm not surprised he got fined! :rolleyes: :
  • Robert Knowles, 46, was found to have flown his homemade aircraft into restricted airspace over a nuclear submarine facility
  • He also flew his drone, which was equipped with a video camera, too close to a vehicle bridge in an illegal manoeuvre

Cheers

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Mr ShiffZZ..

Another fishing trip hey?

Where on god's earth do I suggest I want to buy one and perv?

I know SOMEONE who HAS actually got one but MAINLY uses it to take landscapes and places from different angles.

I don't think he uses it to perv as it never crossed his mind...

Still leaves Nosey Parker though...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JJ :cool:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I'm not surprised he got fined! :rolleyes: :
  • Robert Knowles, 46, was found to have flown his homemade aircraft into restricted airspace over a nuclear submarine facility
  • He also flew his drone, which was equipped with a video camera, too close to a vehicle bridge in an illegal manoeuvre Cheers
As far as I could make out he was found guilty not from the submarine facility but for flying too close to a bridge. In his defence he stated that his craft was out of control at the time. I think all drone owners should take heed from this case, especially if they have assets that a bailiff can get at.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aandj

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic Campervan
Exp
Fantastic pics!
Really fancy one but think i`ll wait for the prices to drop a bit and them to decide about the laws? CAA under pressure to change them like they have in America.
Really impressive!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back