Baltic wharf

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Gooney, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Just had few nights at the cc site Baltic wharf, nice site where you can go out the back gate and find yourself next to a pub that does meals all day or get on a ferry that takes you right into the City centre, if you show your site pass key you get good discount on the fare, £1 each way!!

2. Snitrats

Snitrats Funster

We were there Sunday to Wednesday! Hope you went to see SS Great Britain, Brilliant:thumb: As you say ,great site,but hard to get in ,always full.

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

That's on my to-do list. If only the UK could get back to those days. World leaders.

4. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Yes the Gt Britain was truly awesome, travelled 1million miles in it's working life, another interesting fact was it had black squares painted along it's sides to represent cannon ports to deter pirates but it was actually unarmed. The M shed was also a very interesting museum depicting the history of Bristol well worth a visit.

5. catspyjamas

catspyjamas Funster

Thanks for the tip on the M Shed. I live in Baltic Wharf and haven't been to see it since it opened :Doh:

I agree that the ss Great Britain (also known locally as the ss Gert Bigun) is a world class attraction and should be on everyone's to do list.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Oh wise and aged one !!!

I would imagine that you were in short trousers watching the launch !!:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: