Baltic Wharf. (1 Viewer)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi. Anyone got any up to date news on the future of this site? Last I heard it was closing down this year when the leased runs out.
:crying1:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
CC web site says "As a result of support received from Bristol City Council, it has been confirmed that The Club will remain at Baltic Wharf Club Site until the end of August 2015."

There's a local press report from abut 6 weeks ago Broken Link Removed.

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Thanks Graham.
Better than nothing I suppose but it will bre a shame if it does close. Brilliant little site ( when you can get a pitch!!).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If the CC has any sense it will be negotiating for an alternative near one of the Park & Ride sites so that it is more or less as easy for people to get into the city.

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Baltic Wharf is one of our favourite CC sites. We love sites like that where you can find so much to do without having to drive (Steamer Quay CC site in Totnes is similar in that respect).

Baltic Wharf is virtually on the river bank. Go through the gate onto the towpath, turn left and walk for two minutes and you're at the Cottage Inn. We've spent many an evening there. In the other direction the towpath leads to the city centre, a ten minute walk which can be avoided by using one of the water taxis (tell the boatman that you're a CC member and the fare is reduced or sometimes waived.

When Di asked where we should go for my 'state pension' birthday weekend at the end of April I suggested Baltic Wharf without hesitation. As others have said, getting a pitch there is very difficult, but if you belong to the CC and havn't been there, I suggest you try to get there before it's too late.

Stef.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
It would be nice to get there! Its booked solid at weekends!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
And us (as you know Joy:D). When we were there the other week the warden said that plans had yet to be submitted by the council for the proposed school they want to build on site.

I have to say it seems a strange location for a school, the site isn't that big and I think the road outside has 'no waiting' restrictions on it.

Although the site was full they did have a couple of empty pitches one night - so if you can manage a last minute phone call and have an alternative stop in mind then I would recommend that you try it.

Bristol is fab:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back