• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Bailey back rack and cover for sale. (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I have just put a classified ad up for a brand new 2 bike rack for a Bailey Approach, with a cover and signage. Have a shufty at the ads section if you are interested.
Cheers,
Bob

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Slightly embarrassed to say that I went with Sue, as you do just to look at a few new vans to fill an empty afternoon. I had done a bit of research recently looking at vans with garages but not really got anywhere. The lead in times on anything we were remotely interested in was 6 months or more, but when we saw a Chausson Welcome 718 EB we were hooked. Not only that but Highbridge had just taken delivery of a new stock model, so it would have been rude not to buy it.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Amongst all the threads I've posted to in the last few weeks, bike racks, tow bars, uprating, NEC etc. I mentioned I called into SMC Motors at Newark to look at the Pilote we'd seen at the show. As the show was still on and most of the staff were still there I left details of the Bailey, contact details etc. and was told "it will probably be one of the directors who will call you back". I'm still waiting so I can only conclude they did so well at the show they couldn't be bothered to follow up. :fubar:

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Amongst all the threads I've posted to in the last few weeks, bike racks, tow bars, uprating, NEC etc. I mentioned I called into SMC Motors at Newark to look at the Pilote we'd seen at the show. As the show was still on and most of the staff were still there I left details of the Bailey, contact details etc. and was told "it will probably be one of the directors who will call you back". I'm still waiting so I can only conclude they did so well at the show they couldn't be bothered to follow up. :fubar:
It seems to be a common thing now, the abject failure to do whatever it is you have promised to do. In fact it's really rare to find a person/company who does do what they said they would. It's actually worked to my advantage today though as I ordered a purpose made mattress for the Bailey at the show and was promised delivery within 3 weeks. I had resigned myself to having to sell it on eBay when it arrived as I wouldn't have the van any more, but when I rang today to see where it was after 4 1/2 weeks wait I was told they hadn't even looked at my order yet! As a result, I was able to cancel it and save £400.....

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Yes. That's really pathetic I know, and believe me Sue has decided that I have a serious screw loose somewhere, but we have no kids to leave anything to, no mortgage to pay and no other vices (!) so I guess we have become very selfish and indulgent. I do hope though that this is the last!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
At least you won't have any immigrants hiding under the bike cover. :rofl::rofl:

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Yes. That's really pathetic I know, and believe me Sue has decided that I have a serious screw loose somewhere, but we have no kids to leave anything to, no mortgage to pay and no other vices (!) so I guess we have become very selfish and indulgent. I do hope though that this is the last!
3rd time lucky although I have to say reading your other posts about the bike rack not being up the job for carrying two electric bikes I do think you were worrying unnecessarily .
Good luck with your new purchase

regards FL

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back