Bailey Approach Advance Range (1 Viewer)

RomaRound

Free Member
Mar 6, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Hi to you all,

I would be very grateful for a little bit of advice regarding the Bailey Approach Advance, specifically the 665, as this is the one I am looking to buy.

After reading lots of things on the internet, I would love peoples genuine feedback on the range in terms of build and any problems experienced. It would seem that some suffer from water ingress and there appears to be complaints about the Whale heating system being noisy and using lots of power?

We are wanting a van to rough camp now an again in and use frequently with the family, so any advice helping us to make the right decision would be greatly appreciated!

If anybody also knows how well they hold there money we would be very interested to hear.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
I looked at Bailey vans with a view to buying but decided there was not enough storage space and some models are very wide which can be a big problem on narrow roads.

OP
OP
R

RomaRound

Free Member
Mar 6, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Thanks for your reply Polar Bear, I agree some of them are quite wide, however the 665 model seems to be much narrower than the Autograph range.
There's never enough storage though!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
When we bought our unit last year, it was a toss up between just a few and the 765 was one of them. We decided against the Bailey, as the storage wasn’t good enough and most of the living area would have to be taken up with a large Dog create, so storage and access to under seats was very important. Size of vehicle was not a concern as we went for a Sunlight A72 which is the same size, but with over cab bed. The heating; only from hearsay, is very power hungry on gas, so "Wilding" could be a snag if off grid for a while.

OP
OP
R

RomaRound

Free Member
Mar 6, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Hi Zigisla,

Thanks for your input, I take your point as with Polar Bears about storage, totally understand your point of view with space where a large dogs concerned!

The heating sounds like it could be troublesome, hopefully somebody with one may confirm / deny.

I will have a look at a sunlight too, not seen one before......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back