bailey 79-4 (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2016
Farnham surrey
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79_4. Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi motorhomers, looking forward to getting our new Bailey 79-4 early next year, we are in Farnham
Surrey , we are new to it all so any tips would be very welcome, ie sites to go to and any essential things we may need, thanks Kev.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Hi motorhomers, looking forward to getting our new Bailey 79-4 early next year, we are in Farnham
Surrey , we are new to it all so any tips would be very welcome, ie sites to go to and any essential things we may need, thanks Kev.
essential things we may need, beer, wine, and may be more beer.(y):) :pray::welcomesign:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
:welcome4: to Fun, yet another Bailey convert, can't be that bad. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Welcome from Headley, or just the other side of Frensham Ponds. What sort of sites/places are you looking for. Towns villages pubs beach campsites wildings England france europe weeknds fortnights months years. The first essential thing is to get full membership here as you will save significantly more than the cost of the membership.

GaryH61

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Horwich Greater Manchester AKA Lancs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Auto Stratus
Exp
Since 2014
Here is a checklist, its very concise but a good starter and a template if you want to make your own. Got I from
ourtour.co.uk

Attachments

• OurTour-Motorhome-Packing-Checklist.pdf
    74.8 KB · Views: 32

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

JohnRD

Free Member
Sep 9, 2016
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Very soon I hope
Hello I have looked at the Bailey 79-4 for my pending retirement and intend to spend many months a year in my MH two concerns I have about this model is the size of the engine being a 2 litre Peugeot I am worried it will be under powered. I was also hoping for an automatic gearbox but they are not available. Apart from these two issues I was very impressed with this vehicle and would like comments and any advice?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
If you are full timing or close to it the peugeot 2 litre diesel is ideal. it might take a little longer to get up the hill but in your case "Who cares?" good motor and had one for 7 years.
As for the gearbox, up until a couple of months ago i would have said something like "you get to drive it if it has gears" i have now used my cruise control on the new motor and my thoughts are changing about leg positions and such like !

Enjoy

JohnRD

Free Member
Sep 9, 2016
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Very soon I hope
Thanks for your reply, as you say in retirement who cares if it takes a little longer up the hills but I guess not by enough to have following motorists cursing you? My local Bailey dealer claims this model with the 2 litre Peugeot engine will return 40 mpg. I think that claim is impossible I would be delighted however if it does 30mpg.!

Haitchjay

Free Member
Oct 23, 2016
Hants/Wilts border
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 fgj
Exp
Since 2016
:hiya2: and welcome. You'll find this site invaluable for advice and tips. Used to live in your neck of the woods so know it well. Part of the fun is exploring new places :drinks:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
If youre travelling in France, nobody really cares about how slowly you go up the mountains or steep hills. every once in a while when your wing mirror is full you let them go. If youre going up hairpins then let them (if safe) overtake on the hairpin. Half of them havent got the idea that if you put on your right indicator and you pull so far over to the right you are indicating that it is safe for them to overtake. I have got to the stage that i just let them make their own minds up now and really dont worry about causing a little bit of a queue.

Now if you were a caravanner and you were holding me up .................:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back