Dotplus6

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
In spite of the fact that Bailey have been having a water ingress problem (and I'm keeping an eye on what they do about it on another forum), having looked at lots of other motorhomes I'm beginning to resign myself to the fact that this is probably the best layout etc for us. If we decide to go to a dealer, can we expect to get discount on the price that they are quoting on the internet & if so, how much would be normal? (£47,450 for the latest model)

Dot

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
In December 2011 I contacted several dealers and just asked the simple question about the model I wanted.. Retail / list was about £53k at the time..
"Do you have one in stock, No part exchange and cash purchase.. How Much ??"

They all seem to come back with 10% discount...

I eventually came across a much better deal But I think i was in the right place at the right time...:thumb:

OP
OP
D

Dotplus6

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
Thanks

Great Tonka - thank you - that gives me something to go on. Might wait until after Christmas as we wont be using it until after that but will keep looking for a bargain meantime & may just phone a few dealers & see what they offer.

Dot

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Winter is obviously the quiet time and the closer to the end of a month they recon is best..
The salesmen can sometimes need that extra bit to meet a target,,,
You have to "play the game".. :winky:

Service and backup comes into the equation BUT like most owners you only really find out if they are any good after the sale..

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I find it better if you just go along and take a slight interest in something, rather than phone first and them waiting to make a killing. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I would spend a couple of hours looking and uuuuuming and rrrrrrrring, and mentioning its more than we really wanted to spend. :winky::roflmto: Good luck. Bob.

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
The 760 is now discontinued, so any dealer who has a new one in stock may be more keen to do a deal on that one rather than the the new 765.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back