Apr 30, 2017
Blisland Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 752
Exp
Owners since 2017
:DHi All
After looking at buying a secondhand motorhome for several years we have taken the plunge and put a deposit down on a new Bailey 75-2. We first saw it at the NEC and really loved the layout and French bed along with the amount of natural daylight from the overhead windows. We narrowed our choice of secondhand vans down to a couple but every one we saw we compared (not the best thing we could have done) to the new Bailey.
Our original intention was to buy secondhand and then upgrade to new in a few years but we just could not wait. This is our first motorhome and so probably not the wisest thing to do buying new but hopefully all will be well.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
:DHi All
After looking at buying a secondhand motorhome for several years we have taken the plunge and put a deposit down on a new Bailey 75-2. We first saw it at the NEC and really loved the layout and French bed along with the amount of natural daylight from the overhead windows. We narrowed our choice of secondhand vans down to a couple but every one we saw we compared (not the best thing we could have done) to the new Bailey.
Our original intention was to buy secondhand and then upgrade to new in a few years but we just could not wait. This is our first motorhome and so probably not the wisest thing to do buying new but hopefully all will be well.

Be aware that the payload is only 315kg.

http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/reviews/motorhome/41055-bailey-autograph-75-2

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Fantastic
We've the Bailey Autograph 625, smaller than yours with end lounge, we absolutely luv it no complaints, fab van lovely spacious.
People said about the width but honestly if you towed a caravan it would be wider than your car so you just have to be mine full of 8" extra !!
Buses, bin lorries and barrel lorries get everywhere don't they
Brilliant for you enjoy your excellent choice

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
Hi Karen and Bob

Like you we are brand new to motor homing and also like you we have a deposit down on a new Bailey Autograph, we looked at the 75-2 but with 2 rather large Weimariners and a handful of exiteable grandchildren we plumped for the 79-6. We were due to get ours early March but after a few delays we finally pick it up next Tuesday.

Have seen a few funsters on here who already have their new style Autographs and haven't yet seen a really bad review (hope I haven't spoke to soon).

When is yours due for pickup, hope your countdown isn't too long (have known some get theirs within 2 weeks when buying from dealer stock).

Look forward to hearing how you get on with your new adventure.

Kev & Trish

OP
OP
Bertie Bus
Apr 30, 2017
Blisland Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 752
Exp
Owners since 2017
:active: Wow that was quick guys.
Living in Cornwall we are quite used to narrow lanes and as you say delivery lorries make it ok so hopefully we should be ok. I have driven removal Luton vans around here many times and as long as you are careful and do not try to squeeze through gaps it is fine.
With regards to the payload, there is only the wife and me so as long as we don't get silly and pack too much we should be ok.
:cheers:

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
Just sold a MK1 740SE after 4 1/2 years & 40000 miles. Loads of space, no real problems.
If under 70yrs, just uprate to 3850kgs, £300 ish via SV Tech, paper exercise with no mods, VEL £160 rather than £240.

Dide46

Free Member
May 3, 2017
County Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We too have took the plunge and ordered a new 75-2 our first new van, however our third in the three years that we have been motorhoming. We nearly bought a 745 two years ago but decided against it due to kids, they are too old and never want to come away so hence we have went for the 75-2 for us it seems to be the perfect van layout for two people touring. We have looked at every layout possible and every manufacturer possible, and based on our experience so far the Bailey is the best compromise. We can't wait to get it which is hopefully at the end of the month fingers crossed for no delays. I'm not to worried about the payload, if there is only two traveling and the drivers weight isn't included in that figure 315 seems ample.

Feb 3, 2017
Stevenage
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
Hi,

We are picking up a new Bailey, an Autograph 75-4 in a few weeks. Can't wait! :D

Not too concerned about the width, I like to think I err on the side of caution regarding gaps etc when I'm MH-ing. ;)

On our (soon to go) Roller Team MH I bought a pair of the white wing mirror covers and noticed almost straight away how oncoming drivers appeared to move over just that leeetle bit more than before....

The covers made the MH look like a Storm Trooper I reckon! :rolleyes:

I now have a pair ready to fit the Bailey!!

Apart from some concerns voiced about how low the Baileys are with the ALKO Chassis, like Gerby above we haven't seen any bad reviews! All fingers crossed!!!

Happy MH-ing all

John

Dide46

Free Member
May 3, 2017
County Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
They do seem wider than most vans but like you say just steady away when you are on tight roads, I don't believe that parking will be effected as in my previous vans you need 4 parking bays anyway and that (so far) has been awkward but not a deal breaker. I also feel that the low slug chassis should also be okay maybe just caution over speed humps and going up tight ramps. I do believe Bailey has considered theses elements and decided that they were manageable and worth the trade off for the extra space inside and improved road handling. I personally really like the space inside and it was a big factor in our choice and I also really like the look of the motorhome from inside and out, I think it is different to everything out there which to me appeals. Hopefully I will be proved right on these comments.

Dide46

Free Member
May 3, 2017
County Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Been on the phone to dealer today and van is supposed to be getting shipped up this week or early next and ready for collection the back end of the next week.....can't wait like a kid at Christmas it will be getting used immediately as we plan to collect on Friday and have a couple of nights away before we go back to work. Fingers crossed everything turns out well

OP
OP
Bertie Bus
Apr 30, 2017
Blisland Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 752
Exp
Owners since 2017
Hi Kev and Trish
Sorry its been a while in replying to you but I have been working away. We hope to be picking it up by the end of June and we can't wait. I will keep you posted.

May 21, 2018
Didcot
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79/2f
Exp
4 years
Had mine for 12 months now and we love it, no problems driving it for me so won’t hear me complaining about width, we love it and it tows the car so easily

OP
OP
Bertie Bus
Apr 30, 2017
Blisland Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 752
Exp
Owners since 2017
We have had ours since December now and love it. We are off to France next week for our first trip abroad in it.

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
What do you guys think about Bailey? Looks like we are going to be bringing them on as a franchise of ours.
Simon

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
We luv ours. Quality and style is really there, the lighting is very good and has plenty of low lighting ideas which give the van a classy interior look. Very spacious
From outside - no competition best looking van and good graphics

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
:D

If you have the money available to purchase a new Motorhome - go for it.
Something special about purchasing a new motorhome. You start off with new tyres, brakes, and a gearbox that nobody has abused and you will be the first to sleep in the bed - and the engine will be the latest regarding diesel emissions.

OP
OP
Bertie Bus
Apr 30, 2017
Blisland Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 752
Exp
Owners since 2017
Apart from an air lock in the water system and some rats chewing wires under the engine (neither the fault of Bailey) we have had no problems. Everything works as expected and we love it. Knowing that we are the first to drive it and use it was quite a thing for us.

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Pleased with ours a year in - minor bits and bobs that I could sort with ease - whistling roof window known fault and now fixed by dealer - 160bhp engine pulls well - 25-27 mpg towing SMART or 30 mpg solo. Good standard fittings for the money. Pity only the 79-6 has the 4250kg chassis as that is an option I would have gone for - instead I upgraded to 3850kgs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back