Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
HAB CHECK NOT GOOD NEWS

TargetpasterFunster

Here's my input as a Bailey 740 owner which I bought less than a year ago brand new. Went in for its first hab check yesterday.
When I bought it, it went straight into a storage shed which even in the middle of winter I could walk round in shirt sleeves. It has done only a total of 2500 miles and didn't see proper daylight until late April. So VERY disturbed when the hab check revealed FOUR damp areas. Under both lounge seats, the hab locker under the bed and in the cassette area. Also it was discovered that the 'cowling' which joins the hab area to the cab moves and sounds like a regular Bailey problem. The extent of the damp is number 2 on a list of 4, number 1 being no issues, 4 being certain rot. The dealer is also going to replace the Alde control panel which doesn't work properly and we are currently at Cornish Farm and the water pump has packed in. Deep joy.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Thats sounds awful. (n)

I hope the maker/dealer sort this out to your satisfaction. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Very sorry to hear that. It must be heart-breaking for you. I hope you get it sorted, but of course, you shouldn't have to go through this, when you have spent so much of your hard-earned cash. Good Luck.

Sep 8, 2017
Monmouth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4
Exp
Since March 2015
We purchased our first ever MH - a Bailey Autograph 745 in March 2015. We had several niggly issues most of which initially we put down to our niavity. We toured only in the UK during 2015 to make absolutely certain we knew what we were doing! Last summer we got brave and toured Northern Spain and came right up the west coast of France. Away for 6 weeks - no issues. This year our plan was to get the ferry to Bilbao and make our way into south west France and have a couple of weeks on two sites, Bidart and Messanges, before making our way across to the Western Mediterranean coast for a couple of weeks and then into Spain.

The first two weeks went fine, then just before we left Messanges we had electrical problems, repeated tripping. Then the fresh water tank sensor (according to the dealer) went berserk. We moved on and checked in at our site in Marseillan Plage. Connected EHU fine went to bed got up next morning flicked the kettle for "a nice cup of tea" - nothing, no electric. We called site maintenance to come and reset the tower for us. They were most helpful but I'm afraid the problem was with our MH. The site reception staff were brilliant and found us a young chap up in the hills at Pezenas who we were assured was most competent in resolving electrical problems. He diagnosed: Charging unit needed replacing and probably a replacement leisure battery. We contacted the dealer who was less than helpful and having eventually pursued them to obtain the Charging Unit from Bailey and flying it out to us, the French guy who was initially happy to fit it, declined to be involved at all because of our Warranty being compromised. The dealer kept making it very clear that as it wasn't them fitting this for us or an Approved Repaier we would be compromising our Warranty. In conclusion after several days spent on the phone to the UK dealer we decided to book the MH in with the dealer immediately on our return and as long as we had a stable 230v supply we would live with the inconveniences that not having a charged leisure battery created. I drew up a very detailed email to them listing all the problems and giving them Four weeks until our return to obtain any necessary replacement parts under the warranty. We took it into the dealer on 24 July when it had the Charging Unit replaced, the sensor in the freshwater tank replaced, the thermostat? On the grill replaced just leaving the sink (in which a large crack had mysteriously appeared) to be replaced and a floor edging strip between the cab and the habitation area to be replaced once the parts had been obtained. We had a four night site stay booked from the 17 August so booked the MH in for Monday 21 as the dealer was only five or so miles away from the site.
Whilst making the final preparations for our trip on the morning of the 17th I turned on the tap at the kitchen sink - nothing, not even a splutter. I tried the supply to the bathroom tap and shower - nothing. Consulted both the Msin Control Panel and the Alde Panel, the latter displaying Rang the dealer fearing

Sep 8, 2017
Monmouth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4
Exp
Since March 2015
We purchased our first ever MH - a Bailey Autograph 745 in March 2015. We had several niggly issues most of which initially we put down to our niavity. We toured only in the UK during 2015 to make absolutely certain we knew what we were doing! Last summer we got brave and toured Northern Spain and came right up the west coast of France. Away for 6 weeks - no issues. This year our plan was to get the ferry to Bilbao and make our way into south west France and have a couple of weeks on two sites, Bidart and Messanges, before making our way across to the Western Mediterranean coast for a couple of weeks and then into Spain.

The first two weeks went fine, then just before we left Messanges we had electrical problems, repeated tripping. Then the fresh water tank sensor (according to the dealer) went berserk. We moved on and checked in at our site in Marseillan Plage. Connected EHU fine went to bed got up next morning flicked the kettle for "a nice cup of tea" - nothing, no electric. We called site maintenance to come and reset the tower for us. They were most helpful but I'm afraid the problem was with our MH. The site reception staff were brilliant and found us a young chap up in the hills at Pezenas who we were assured was most competent in resolving electrical problems. He diagnosed: Charging unit needed replacing and probably a replacement leisure battery. We contacted the dealer who was less than helpful and having eventually pursued them to obtain the Charging Unit from Bailey and flying it out to us, the French guy who was initially happy to fit it, declined to be involved at all because of our Warranty being compromised. The dealer kept making it very clear that as it wasn't them fitting this for us or an Approved Repaier we would be compromising our Warranty. In conclusion after several days spent on the phone to the UK dealer we decided to book the MH in with the dealer immediately on our return and as long as we had a stable 230v supply we would live with the inconveniences that not having a charged leisure battery created. I drew up a very detailed email to them listing all the problems and giving them Four weeks until our return to obtain any necessary replacement parts under the warranty. We took it into the dealer on 24 July when it had the Charging Unit replaced, the sensor in the freshwater tank replaced, the thermostat? On the grill replaced just leaving the sink (in which a large crack had mysteriously appeared) to be replaced and a floor edging strip between the cab and the habitation area to be replaced once the parts had been obtained. We had a four night site stay booked from the 17 August so booked the MH in for Monday 21 as the dealer was only five or so miles away from the site.
Whilst making the final preparations for our trip on the morning of the 17th I turned on the tap at the kitchen sink - nothing, not even a splutter. I tried the supply to the bathroom tap and shower - nothing. Consulted both the Msin Control Panel and the Alde Panel, the latter displaying Rang the dealer fearing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back