Bail Bonds for Spain

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by fusbill, Nov 6, 2011.

1. fusbill

fusbill Read Only Funster

Hello All.

I've just been on another forum (sorry) and someone mentioned the need for something I've not heard mentioned for ages.

That is the Bail Bond when visiting Spain. I know I've heard of it but its not been amongst peoples lists of necessities when they offer advice to new motorhomers on forums like this.

I for one have spent a month in Spain without one as have, I suspect, many others.

What are your thoughts please?

fusbill

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

We used to have to have them years ago with trucks, but that was before the days of the EU. Haven't heard of them for years, and don't think it will be applicable to tourists anyway.

3. John and Cheryl

John and Cheryl Read Only Funster

I drove to Spain last year (in a car ) I had to extend my insurance to cover Europe and in the document it said something about it covers any bail bond requirments I should check with your insurance first
    John

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

You have no need to worry about bail bonds these days. The Bail Bond was a guarantee to be lodged with the police in the event of an accident or major traffic violation - they are no longer a legal requirement for Spain and most insurance companies have stopped issuing them.

5. fusbill

fusbill Read Only Funster

Thanks All. Answers are pretty much I line with what I thought.

Was to lazy to check my insurance but now its been mentioned I seem to recollect there is cover within it.

Thanks again.

fusbill