Bad weather tomorrow...take care (1 Viewer)

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Strong winds (40+ mph) and heavy rain forecast...not nice. Careful driving everyone and hopefully you've got everything packed away securely.

After holding the tent up Wednesday in the gusts, I decided to take it down this afternoon while the weather was nice (sunny in west Wales). Halfway through, a couple turned up with a caravan and proceeded to set up the awning. Let's hope they're right and I'm wrong...particularly as I'm not that far away if debris starts flying.

And the model of their caravan...."Mistral" :Eeek:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we were on a site near bude in cornwall a few years back that got hit by the tail end of a tornado.

The flatenned awnings and tents were bad enough, as were the vehicles hit by flying debris, but the worst was a german in the tent field who broke his back when the main spar in their teepee type tent snapped, hitting him just above the waist. he was picked up by helicopter and flown to hospital when the winds dropped, as the roads were blocked with fallen trees

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Strong winds (40+ mph) and heavy rain forecast...not nice. Careful driving everyone and hopefully you've got everything packed away securely.

After holding the tent up Wednesday in the gusts, I decided to take it down this afternoon while the weather was nice (sunny in west Wales). Halfway through, a couple turned up with a caravan and proceeded to set up the awning. Let's hope they're right and I'm wrong...particularly as I'm not that far away if debris starts flying.

And the model of their caravan...."Mistral" :Eeek:

Yes, saw the weather forecast earlier today, we're in the south of Scotland and the weather has been brilliant all week, brilliant sunshine, we even got the grass cut again today :thumb: Tonight we have a clear, starry sky, but I know the heavy rain and strong winds are heading up here as well:Blush:
It's such a shame about the weather at Peterborough:Sad:
Margaret

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
1_man_and_his_dob(lo)
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Well, I gave up trying to get any more sleep at 6:30....wind, rain and my grey water bucket banging against the 'van despite me wedging it as firmly as possible :Sad:

Caravan awning is still there though....fair play. The tenters nearby though seem to have given up - cleared off between me going to the shower block and coming back. Wish I could pack up that quickly!

mr moo

Free Member
Jun 1, 2011
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
VW van conversion
Exp
on & off for some time!
weather pretty aweful up here on the east coast, have closed CL grass pitches & grass rallly field as a boat would be more apropriate than MH, one brave soul with all hatches batterned down, surviving [just] on hard standing pitch.
:helptitanic:​

OP
OP
1_man_and_his_dob(lo)
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Now, I'm not superstitious, but driving off listening to the travel warnings on the radio and forgetting to put my little mirror away (result: smash) was not the sort of start to the journey that I wanted today :Eeek:

[STRIKE]Luckily[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Fortunately[/STRIKE] However, I've made it to Cwmcuttan and that's it for today because I'm a lightweight and the M4 sounds like it's not the place to be (trees down earlier). Time to relax :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Still dry here on the south coast of Scotland, but freezing cold and blowing a gale. I thought it would have rained by now, but so far so good.

Have had to rescue the washing from a neighbouring field:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back