Bad News And Bad News....... (1 Viewer)

Oct 21, 2014
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Caredo t449
Exp
I'm a newbie
We had purchased a new caredo t449. bearing in mind waited 8 months for it, low and behold its arrived but a vital element was missing, the drop down bed. The dealer then bought out his order form and on it was written" no drop down bed"
We never specified this as according to us this model was standard with the fittings, and on the official order form its not mentioned.
So now we have no motorhome, and perhaps lose our deposit as well, as the dealer is obviously saying its second hand now as its been registered in our name.
Not very happy now was looking forward to lots of trips in august, as we have booked a few sites:lipssealed::wait:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
But what is on YOUR copy of the order form?

Have you signed the copy the dealer has that says "no drop down bed"?

OP
OP
Annie21220
Oct 21, 2014
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Caredo t449
Exp
I'm a newbie
No he has only one copy we have not signed it, only the official order form, the form he has was what he filled out at the nec at caravan show. Dont think hes got a leg to stand on, but so disappointed...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Definitely not a leg to stand on as nothing on your order that you have signed. It is disappointing after waiting so long but best to get it right as too much money to lose if not. We had a similar issue in that we ordered our new Autotrail Delaware in May/June last year and we were promised that we would be able to choose the existing fabric colour as we were told that every year a new model is introduced the old fabric is always an option to purchase. But when all the fabrics got released to our surprise and the dealers this was the first time that they decided not to offer the old fabric. To cut a long story short we stuck to our guns and said that if they could not provide us with what we ordered then we dont want it. Next thing the manager is calling use saying Autotrail would be willing to do a one off with the new model but last years fabric. Happy campers.
The morale is that if is not right dont accept it regardless, this was our 2nd motorhome in 12 months and we wanted to ensure everything was how we wanted else we were going to leave it.

I do hope they sort it out as i would imagine they will be trying to do everything they can to keep the sale.

Best of luck

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You shouldn't lose your deposit, but you may have to fight to get it. Can the bed be retro-fitted? If it can that is an option you shouldn't dismiss.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Holy crap that sucks. I really hope you get this sorted out to your satisfaction..

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
have Been looking through the Carado price list I can only see In extras 'seating group conversion option' IS that the drop down bed? IF so it's not clear at all!!!! couldn't see anything else about beds

OP
OP
Annie21220
Oct 21, 2014
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Caredo t449
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just heard from dealer , if we don't pick up the van as its now registered to us within one month they are going to sue us for the profit they will lose ...taking legal advice now ... Yea it was on the enquiry form which we did not see, no mention on order form .... Wonder how they win best customer service award for past 5 years

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
lets try and help. what model van exactly.

But yes you need consumer legal advice as you have now been threatened....sound a lovely bunch I don't think! feel very sorry for you:censored:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Just heard from dealer , if we don't pick up the van as its now registered to us within one month they are going to sue us for the profit they will lose ...taking legal advice now ... Yea it was on the enquiry form which we did not see, no mention on order form .... Wonder how they win best customer service award for past 5 years
hmmm Just about to go into negotiations with them for a possible new van!!! good luck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
An enquiry form is not an order form.

Yes, get legal advice asap. I think you will be advised to reject the van as it was not what you ordered but I am no lawyer.

Sounds like there could have been someone else asking about a van without the drop down bed, the dealer may have become confused and ordered the wrong van and is now trying to palm his error on to you. But that is all supposition of course.......

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I'm sure that a letter from your solicitor will resolve the situation
They never provided you with a copy of the order so haven't got much of a defence
I'd suggest getting your deposit back and choosing another dealer, they don't sound like good people to do business with

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
A solicitors letter will probably cost less than £100, which is a small price to pay to get your money back

OP
OP
Annie21220
Oct 21, 2014
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Caredo t449
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes well worth it, let's see what happens tomorrow ...

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
7 449's in stock in germany and most if not all have drop down bed from ones I have looked at

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Annie21220
Oct 21, 2014
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Caredo t449
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes I think it's standard drop down bed, have enquiredat another dealer and can get one in September, but need to sort out the other charletons first.....

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
It's important that you take decive action - and fast
Let the dealer know you're not going to be messed about and that you won't accept anything less than a full refund
Go get 'em!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Have asked on German parent company website if drop down bed a standard fitting...

Broken Link Removed

Fatwheels

Free Member
Apr 24, 2015
Sittingbourne
Funster No
MH
Auto trail scout
Exp
I'm a newbie
When my MH turned up without the extra seat belts I had ordered the dealer gave me a full refund there and then even though I had signed 2 seperate order sheets one at the time of ordering and another one sent to me in the post .i didn't even no it had to be writes as an extra as there was no cost involved . It might of helped that the minute I noticed they weren't fitted I started recording the conversation on my phone with the salesman saying regularly yes I no u wanted 6 belts it's our mistake you have said 6 belts from day one .so yes they made a mistake but can't fault the way they dealt with me since

rapido convert

Free Member
Feb 26, 2015
knutsford cheshire
Funster No
MH
A class rapido 996m
Exp
since 07
If you paid some or all of your deposit by credit or debit card you will have the protection and legal back up from the card issuer, often the most effective and simple way of resolving any kind of dispute.
Good luck, keep strong and don't let the b******s grind you down.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
If you paid some or all of your deposit by credit or debit card you will have the protection and legal back up from the card issuer, often the most effective and simple way of resolving any kind of dispute.
Good luck, keep strong and don't let the b******s grind you down.
Not unless the motorhome costs less that £30,000, which I doubt very much.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back