Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Gutted .....

I thought it would be OK, everything seemed to be Ok ....

All papers done, gas pressure changed from 50 MB to 30 Mb ... MOT perfect

And now :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Max is not going to be on French roads.... yet!

It is not all finished but I have now to pretend I have built Max myself.
So on the 22sd of April I'm off to Albi (lots of trouble to get my day off as if I didn't have enough troubles) and will get Max to be entirely checked by the firm "VERITAS"
Habitation is not recognised as a proper one even with German and French Hymer certificates of conformity.........:Doh:

So VERITAS is in charge now to check if Max can become French : Gas , electricity, weight in each cupboard , on each side compared to the allowed charge in front and behind ... blahblahblahblah .... I'm sick of it ... and of course this has a cost : 230 euros !!!!!

So let me add:
I had German Hymer cerficate : 50 euros
French Fiat certificate: 160 euros
French Hymer certificate;260 euros (B******s)
Gas fitted 104 euros
Temporary plates Prefecture:38 + making 44 = 82 euros
MOT 69 euros
and now 230 and ...... DREAL at the end: 86,90

Total: 1041,90

And I didn't do the cambelt ...yet !:Sad:

Max ..... you are very very Dear to me.....by all means ....

Frankie

Last edited:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Never mind Frankie:Smile:

As soon as you get on the road...........

All your expenses and trouble will be forgotten..........

..................then....... Just enjoy

Have FUN:Smile:

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
that's it then happy days are on the way now :thumb:
Good trouble free luck in your future travels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Gutted .....

So on the 22sd of April I'm off to Albi (lots of trouble to get my day off as if I didn't have enough troubles) and will get Max to be entirely checked by the firm "VERITAS"
Habitation is not recognised as a proper one even with German and French Hymer certificates of conformity.........:Doh:

So VERITAS is in charge now to check if Max can become French : Gas , electricity, weight in each cupboard , on each side compared to the allowed charge in front and behind ... blahblahblahblah .... I'm sick of it ... and of course this has a cost : 230 euros !!!!!

So let me add:
Gas fitted 104 euros
MOT 69 euros

Frankie

Broken Link Removed

Frankie this information was on. French forum. Does it help at all ??

I know it cost us €1000 to get our 1999 Hooby registered but that was quite a number f years ago.

My understanding is that France s one if only 5 countries who refuse to accept to automatically reregister vehicles from another EU country but it seems this will end . X

Upvote 0

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
So sorry Frankie to hear of the troubles you are having, hope it is sorted soon and you and Max are on your adventures :thumb:
grrrrr!! red tape :cry:

Margaret

Upvote 0

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Gutted .....

So let me add:
Gas fitted 104 euros
MOT 69 euros

Frankie

This is the whole legislation

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=COM:2012:0164:FIN:EN:PDF

X

Upvote 0

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Frankie, I know it feels like you want to :shout: BUT honestly It will be worth it in the end hugs and kisses from us three :Smile::Smile::Smile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Broken Link Removed

Frankie this information was on. French forum. Does it help at all ??

I know it cost us €1000 to get our 1999 Hooby registered but that was quite a number f years ago.

My understanding is that France s one if only 5 countries who refuse to accept to automatically reregister vehicles from another EU country but it seems this will end . X

Will have to read it properly when less upset.

Thanks for the info anyway.

Frankie:Smile:

Upvote 0

Anna

Free Member
Apr 19, 2012
Dordogne (orig.Scotland)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Feb 2012
Gutted .....

So let me add:
Gas fitted 104 euros
MOT 69 euros

And I didn't do the cambelt ...yet !:Sad:i

Frankie

Hi Frankie

So sorry to hear you have to do that. That is exactly what we had to do in order to register our 1998 UK Swift Kontiki because we couldn't obtain a CoC for the habitation!

It is a big expense and a real pain in the derrière doing all the paperwork but once you sit down (and calm down!), you'll find you can work through it bit by bit.

Think you will also have to take it to a weigh bridge to get a print out of the weights, total, front axle and back axle. Make sure you go empty so you don't register too heavy so you can have enough payload (that's the weight allowed for you to pack your stuff in it!).

Also, when you do your calculations, make sure they work out for the number of passengers with seatbelts as that will be written on your carte grise.

It's a load of nonsense really as we had to show as if there was lots of weight in each of the tiny cutlery drawers to make the calculations work lol!

Best of luck and hope all goes well for you and Max.
Bon courage
Cordialment
Anna

Upvote 0
M

Madwife

Deleted User
Keep smiling Frankie, all will be ok and having been out and about with you in Max know that it will all be ok in the end.

It's a bit like us buying our present house - all was going ok until suddenly the mortgage company decided that they would not give me the loan despite promising me a very much larger mortgage 2 months previously and us having a very sizable deposit. After several sleepless nights and lots of angry thoughts all turned out ok.

Kath

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sorry to hear about your predicament Frankie. I hope you get it sorted soon, but it does strengthen my thoughts on moving back to the UK all those years ago.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Hi Frankie

So sorry to hear you have to do that. That is exactly what we had to do in order to register our 1998 UK Swift Kontiki because we couldn't obtain a CoC for the habitation!

It is a big expense and a real pain in the derrière doing all the paperwork but once you sit down (and calm down!), you'll find you can work through it bit by bit.

Think you will also have to take it to a weigh bridge to get a print out of the weights, total, front axle and back axle. Make sure you go empty so you don't register too heavy so you can have enough payload (that's the weight allowed for you to pack your stuff in it!).

Also, when you do your calculations, make sure they work out for the number of passengers with seatbelts as that will be written on your carte grise.

It's a load of nonsense really as we had to show as if there was lots of weight in each of the tiny cutlery drawers to make the calculations work lol!

Best of luck and hope all goes well for you and Max.
Bon courage
Cordialment
Anna

Thanks God someone knows what it is all about .....Thanks for these words but indeed ... I hope VERITAS can do all the calculations for me...I don't feel like spending hours trying to know whether this cupboard should have 30 kgs in while the other one in spite of being smaller can hold 50 kgs...pffffff ! BTW can you answer this question because I can't see anywhere on the papers I have to fill in anything like an answer. It would sound normal to include the gasoil tank in the calculation just like water tank, and what do you do: put half fresh water half grey or what????? one full one empty ? is it where the drawer over grey water tank is 50 kgs???because of the grey water tank being empty ? ....My head hurts!!

Sorry to say I will probably read your answer in the morning...I am just KO! I need sleep ...;hoping I am not going to count KGs all night long . OH and BTW I have already weighted Max: Front Rear and Total and empty it was 2,400 so quite good. And he (the man of DREAL) has already counted 2 people so he said take out of the total weight 2x75kgs which leaves 3,100 - 2,400 = 700kgs - (2x75=150) = 550 to put in all the cupboards and tanks.... ENOUGH for tonight ...off to bed!

Thanks to all for your nice words....

Frankie

Upvote 0
M

Madwife

Deleted User
Sleep well and dream of driving about and staying in lovely places with all of the paperwork sorted and agreed.

K x

Upvote 0

Anna

Free Member
Apr 19, 2012
Dordogne (orig.Scotland)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Feb 2012
Thanks God someone knows what it is all about .....Thanks for these words but indeed ... I hope VERITAS can do all the calculations for me...I don't feel like spending hours trying to know whether this cupboard should have 30 kgs in while the other one in spite of being smaller can hold 50 kgs...pffffff ! BTW can you answer this question because I can't see anywhere on the papers I have to fill in anything like an answer. It would sound normal to include the gasoil tank in the calculation just like water tank, and what do you do: put half fresh water half grey or what????? one full one empty ? is it where the drawer over grey water tank is 50 kgs???because of the grey water tank being empty ? ....My head hurts!!

Sorry to say I will probably read your answer in the morning...I am just KO! I need sleep ...;hoping I am not going to count KGs all night long . OH and BTW I have already weighted Max: Front Rear and Total and empty it was 2,400 so quite good. And he (the man of DREAL) has already counted 2 people so he said take out of the total weight 2x75kgs which leaves 3,100 - 2,400 = 700kgs - (2x75=150) = 550 to put in all the cupboards and tanks.... ENOUGH for tonight ...off to bed!

Thanks to all for your nice words....

Frankie
Sounds like you're already getting a lot more help from Dreal and Veritas than we got but then you are a Frenchie so probably have the correct smile ha ha!:winky:
I'm sure we didn't have to fill in any weights for water or fuel tanks as they were allowed for when the camper was weighed at the weighbridge.
I do still have all the paperwork filed (felt like framing it all and hanging it on the wall by the time I'd finished lol:ROFLMAO:) so could look it up, although it was almost 3 years ago now so some things may have changed.
Night night!

Upvote 0

Jan1ce

Free Member
Feb 7, 2014
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Low profi
Exp
I'm a newbie
Wow I didn't realise that you had o get extra paperwork to travel . I would have just jumped on the ferry.. How do you find this stuff out. Is it as complicated to go to Spain?:Eeek:

Upvote 0

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
Bon courage Frankie, we will also have to face this process soon when we get back to France in October
ponyboy

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Wow I didn't realise that you had o get extra paperwork to travel . I would have just jumped on the ferry.. How do you find this stuff out. Is it as complicated to go to Spain?:Eeek:

You don't!

Yodeli/Frankie is French and lives in France. However, she purchased Max in Germany (I think? Not France, anyway!) and this is all about the difficulty of actually registering Max in France to make him legal there, despite the fact that he was already legal in another EU country!

Our vehicles are UK registered cos we live in UK and we can travel across the water quite legally - but if we should move our permanent residence to abroad, that's when the fun starts potentially.

And you thought the British picked nits and invented red tape, didn't you? We are but amateurs at it in comparison to Les Frogs !

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back