LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
We were wanting a site for two nights around the Calais/Boulogne area to rest up after driving north, we decided on the acsi site at ISQUES “les Cytises” page 42 of acsi book 2015, listed as 14euro, on arrival the person in charge seemed happy with our request for two nights until I got my acsi card out, she then went into a rant in French the jest of which was we cannot possibly do the 14E price advertised, we have been re-inspected and the price is 18E, baring in mind they are new to acsi last year I found this a bit wrong, if they want to put up the price next year and advertise it in the book as such that’s ok. But to try and hick up the price at the end of this season is a bit offish.:cautious::cautious::cautious:
I don’t have much French but I managed a NON and went elsewhere:)

I don’t know how good the site was and can’t comment on that but I didn’t like their way doing business

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We've been away 10 days so far now in Croatis used ACSI card in Germany 3 nights Austria 1 night Croatia 3 nights most we've paid 15.50 euro.
Be away another 5 weeks plus was away for 8 weeks earlier in the year ACSI card saves us loadsamoney.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We've been away 10 days so far now in Croatis used ACSI card in Germany 3 nights Austria 1 night Croatia 3 nights most we've paid 15.50 euro.
Be away another 5 weeks plus was away for 8 weeks earlier in the year ACSI card saves us loadsamoney.

Here ha go just south of split best larger type site we have been on so far spotless facility's even lady tame is impressed

Camping Stobreč
Svetog Lovre 6, 21311, Split, Croatia
http://goo.gl/maps/jTRmm

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Here ha go just south of split best larger type site we have been on so far spotless facility's even lady tame is impressed

Camping Stobreč
Svetog Lovre 6, 21311, Split, Croatia
http://goo.gl/maps/jTRmm

We'll try it ta.
Just relaxing now for a few days at Selce been away 10 days already.
Had a washing and cleaning day today and relax in the sun been bloody hot though.
Came in from the north planned to stay at Risnjak but very misty up there so will go back up on motorbike maybe tomorrow. Got 4 and half weeks so no rush to do anything especially if this weather keeps up.

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
There is a little site at Escalles which charges less for motorhomes but make extra charges for electricity and/or washing machine use., Closed in winter.

Les Erables
17 Rue du Château d'Eau
62179 Escalles
France

yellabellyex

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Lincoln area
Funster No
MH
Bespoke PVC
Exp
Since 2010
[QUOTE="SC 05 OUT,

I don’t know how good the site was and can’t comment on that but I didn’t like their way doing business[/QUOTE]

Well done; best thing you could have done
regards
alan b

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
[QUOTE="SC 05 OUT,

I don’t know how good the site was and can’t comment on that but I didn’t like their way doing business

Well done; best thing you could have done
regards
alan b[/QUOTE]

I have today emailed Acsi to ask thier opinion of what happened

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
I have had a reply back from Acsi, its says

"We have contacted the campsite. There are some problems with CampingCard at Les Cytises. Our ACSI inspector has now returned from his inspection. The campsite participated for the first time with CampingCard this year and are unfortunately unable to sufficiently meet the conditions for participation in CampingCard. The camp does therefore no longer participate with next year's Camping ACSI. We will obviously continue to monitor the campsite this year, but indeed it was best in this case to move on to another campsite. "

So it seems Acsi have been very pro active and I would like to say GOOD ACSI

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
Just an aside - Acsi is not just for abroad. We are presently at cofton in Dawlish, Devon paying just £10.23 per night on a 5 star site. This is by far the cheapest rate we have found from speaking to fellow guests, who are on average paying £20 per night. Good old acsi

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
I had earmarked that very site to stay at the night before last !! Thankfully had a last minute change of plan, as you do :D, and used a municipal in Amiens, price wasn't too bad at all and just 15 mins cycle along beautiful canal to Amiens. In our experience ACSI has all been very good. Spent 5 nights on one site paying 18 euros per night, while our neighbours who weren't acsi were paying 33 euro !! Some sites are not great, usually due to people's different perceptions of what's good.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back