Backpain and fiat seats

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Davrosdarcy, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Davrosdarcy

Davrosdarcy Deleted User

I have a back pain problem and I am looking for better more supportive seats to fit to my Fiat Ducatto based Laika Ecovip 7R only the passenger seat swivels. Has anybody experience of fitting other seats, perhaps from a scrapped car, or fitting arm rests to the exsisting seats, all ideas welcome, except those that start, Buy an American RV.:Smile:

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Buy an American RV seat:Rofl1:
    Seriously only you will know what type/shape seat is comfortable, any seat can be adapted within reason if you need to retain all the tilt/swivel /up and down motions that will limit what you can have if you can live with a fixed seat, the skys the limit
    Geo

3. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

4. andyman

andyman Read Only Funster

Is it me, but I have always felt that the Drivers Seat in the old shape Ducato was not in direct line with th esteering wheel.

5. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

No it's not you, I remember reading it somewere years ago I think from memory it was ofset by 6in.:Laughing::Laughing:

Dave

6. Phil

Phil Read Only Funster

I fitted a couple of seats from a Citroen BX 19 into my Ducato about 9 years ago, they are still going strong and very comfortable. They cost £10 for the pair. I had to elongate the fixing holes in the seat boxes very slightly to accommodate a slight variation in fixing holes' position.

Phil.

7. Blisters

Blisters Read Only Funster

I too suffer with back problems.

I found that the standard Fiat seat fitted in our old motorhome, used to absolutely murder me.

However, our new one has ISRI seats, and they are fantastic.

PS. Have you tried a magnetic copper bracelet. Very sceptical at first, but wouldn't be without it now.

8. bazfergy

bazfergy Read Only Funster

Hi davosdarcy it depends what the cause of your back pain is you may just need a lumber roll:Eek!:I would get a professional opinion first then decide from there :thumb: