charleyfen

Free Member
Mar 14, 2010
guisborough
Funster No
MH
swift kon-tiki
Exp
Thanks to suzi and bryan for their welcome at our first meet but not our last all the funster are very welcoming to a newcomer and would like to thank you all and would recommend any newbe to try it and experience the friendlyness for themselves thanks again

Arthur and Lucy :thumb: :thumb:

Lynn

Free Member
May 5, 2008
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 days
Great Weekend

:roflmto: Thanks for a great weekend, as newbies you made as feel really welcome. Made some good friends and looking forward to the next get together might be joining you at Newbury but will certainly make Stratford.

Like to thank Geo and friend for looking at van, getting it sorted tomorrow. Also Roy and Doreen who stayed with us until Green Flag turned up due to the battery being flat this morning.

Thanks to Susy and Bryan for their hospitality.

:roflmto:
Lynn and Bert

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Well all good things come to an end and we are now safely back at home:Sad: We stayed on the rally field until every single van had gone. We were so reluctant to pack up our camper we were there longer than JJ, and that apparently is a record!

It took us 5 hours to get home and we are knackered.

We had a great weekend, it was great to see all our 'old friends' and to make some new ones.

Special thanks to Jock for the lights and Graham for the sound system that enabled us to stay up late and party. Thanks to everyone there that made it a great funster weekend; without you all it wouldn't happen.

I also want to say thanks to Jaws for the special gift of a 6ft dragon to fly from the flagpole at the top of my motorhome. Still not sure why he chose a dragon for sweet little old me (please note no comment is necessary) but happy to fly it all the same :ROFLMAO:

Hope you didn't all spend too much and are able to make the next show we are marshalling at Stratford.

For those of you who can't make it - you will be missed; for those of you who can - make sure you are be ready to have some fun :thumb:

Suzy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well, it was really lovely to 'camp' with you all, at our first MF gathering. Such a lovely welcome by everyone we met (sorry, names are not my strong point!), and meeting so many friendly funsters was great. :thumb:

Sorry we weren't at the evening socials, just too cold (I don't 'do' cold very well), and too knackered - amazingly we even managed to sleep through the 'Saturday night fun'!!! :Eeek:

Hopefully will be able to join in more at the next one as it sounds like it was a lot of fun!!! ::bigsmile:

Really enjoyed meeting the rats too and watching Roy and Doreen try to demolish the trees when they arrived! :roflmto:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As an aside to this posting, I just wanted to say thanks to the 2 fitters from Johns Cross motorhomes who fitted the Fiamma awning to our van, which wasn't straight forward as they had to cut part of the side moulding away with a Stanley knife to get it to fit flush and go over the door fully.

Despite some head scratching and concern, the older chap (sorry - don't know his name!) was brave enough to have a go, with enouragement from me (hubby had disappeared as he didn't want to watch his new price and joy being sliced and diced, and the younger chap was quite happy to let the older chap do it ... sensible boy!).

The end job was very professional indeed and looks like it was meant to be fitted in that way, well done. It was nice to have the 5% discount too which I'd totally forgotten about initially until one kind Funster reminded me! ::bigsmile:

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
peterborough show

We would just like to thank Bryan & Suzy for a warm welcme to our first MF meet, we already knew Zepp, who was one of many that we had a chat with. We really enjoyed the meet, (although we aren't party goers). Enjoyed meeting everyone, but sorry, we are both useless with names. When we got back, one of the first things that we did was to book the Statford show, Suzy had told us about how good it is, and close to the town centre, so cant wait for our next meet.....

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we had yet another great weekend with the funsters, Peterborough Show is always a good one, and even better with the :sin::sin::sin::sin: ::bigsmile: Many thanks Byran and Suzy, Nigel and Pamala for doing a great job. I never got any Cake :cry:( not that I need any ):Smile: as Mark was doing my Habitation Check.
http://www.central-leisure-services.co.uk/ ::bigsmile:
Met a few more funsters and had a great time.:beer::wine:

Minx :winky: It was nice to have the 5% discount too which I'd totally forgotten about initially until one kind Funster reminded me!
Not only a free forum, you get a discount too,::bigsmile: I don't remember much until it comes to MONEY.:winky: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Nice job they made, its a shame we could not watch them do it. :Smile: I hate drilling holes, and something a week old.:Doh: :roflmto: Bob and Jane.:thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I also want to say thanks to Jaws for the special gift of a 6ft dragon to fly from the flagpole at the top of my motorhome. Still not sure why he chose a dragon for sweet little old me (please note no comment is necessary) but happy to fly it all the same :ROFLMAO:

Suzy

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ....................................................

Just to clarify for those that were not there... ::bigsmile:

We was all milling around and you happened to mention how you loved the look of the one a couple of vans down :Smile:

Though thinking about it now................................ LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
What a great weekend ,thanks Byran and Suzy, and to all the others that helped and to all the funsters that turned up, this made the weekend,
have added a couple of photos that christine took

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

Yupp wheres mine:thumb::thumb::thumb:

LOL !!! John, I left your one next to your awning mate.. I think the dog ate it though :Doh:

Might be worth checking his 'leavings' for a while :ROFLMAO:

ScooterSam82

Free Member
May 24, 2008
Nottingham, Uk.
Funster No
MH
Broomstick
Exp
Glad to hear everyone had a great time ::bigsmile:

I went to a 'Mad Hatter's Beer Party' last night wearing my new steampunk hat, but didn't win the hat comp though.. as my best friend Caz, won it.. lol

sorry to hear the kampewagen team didnt get out much, :Sad:
I do miss that lifestyle abit, but I'm happy.

Hope the ratties and toffee are alright?
as I miss Noogie, Leo, Honey, Jess & Toffee.. dont think I'll ever not miss them, as they are wonderful cute fluffies. ::bigsmile:

I'm thinking of getting my own little ratty, but it'll never replace the ones Gazz has. :Sad:
as I miss having rats. ( just got to think of a name for him/her next, lol as havent got one yet.

( If Helen doesnt like crowds that much, is there something that could comfert her while out and about? like stroking a rat or something?

like when I first started lunging horses at college in front of people, that was daunting to say the least, as I was centre of attention.. or thought i was, eyes looking my way.. lol
so I held the lung rein tighter and imagened I was the only one there.. really helped me.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Sorry gotta say the pork pies were a dissapointment. :cry:No jelly :Eeek:

There was in the Wild Boar & Mushroom ::bigsmile:

Thanks to all - especially Bryan, Suzy, Pamala & Nigel - for a great weekend.

Only 5 hours to get home Suzy? It will take us another 9 days yet - currently at Bladon Chains then Lulworth Castle & finally Tewkesbury on Tuesday/Wednesday next week.

Graham

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Bet the poor little piggies didn't notice the lack of jelly though:cry::cry::cry:veggie movan

:winky:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
There was in the Wild Boar & Mushroom ::bigsmile:

Thanks to all - especially Bryan, Suzy, Pamala & Nigel - for a great weekend.

Only 5 hours to get home Suzy? It will take us another 9 days yet - currently at Bladon Chains then Lulworth Castle & finally Tewkesbury on Tuesday/Wednesday next week.

Graham

You need a better Sat Nav Graham ::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Can others see all the pictures in the album ? I can only see about 5 now :cry:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
John there are only 5 people with posted photos. Click on the individual names to view the photos. Bryan has 99 posted :Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cheers Dick :Smile:

Think I was half asleep last night mate !!

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We could not get in with the funsters, we ended up in the disabled section miles away. We visited the funsters on the friday and was made very welcome, suzy issued us with name badges which helped with discounts around the show. Amanda was able to show her air horns off and one kind funster helped tape up the horn to muffle the sound (THANKYOU). She was still able to suprise JJ a couple of times with a siren or two, when she spotted him on his bike around the show.

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Can others see all the pictures in the album ? I can only see about 5 now :cry:

John,

I have grouped the pictures by funster, that way you can see all the pictures each funster took individually.

HTH

Bryan

(Click on one of the funsters picture to see all there uploaded ones :winky:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back