Back from Peterborough Show - thanks everyone (1 Viewer)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Arrived home safely from the Peterborough show.

Thanks to the Marshalls Sundowners, Bob and Jane and Jim and Sian for everything.

A big thank you to all the funsters for a wonderful relaxing time. Ive not smiled so much in ages, it really was the best tonic.

Apologies if I didnt get to chat or meet to everyone. Thrilled so many funsters were there. Hope the sun keeps shining for you and that you all have safe and uneventful journeys home.

Dropped Zack back to Junan and her husband Mike. Junan has said she will post soon, so keep an eye out.

Oh and I did forget one thing - there is a brilliant pink sign outside the ladies toilets which says Brownhills, if anyone still there has a camera, it would make a fab caption photograph.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx HAVE FUN xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

tan

Free Member
Nov 17, 2009
Braintree. Essex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
3 years
Back from Peterborough

Home safe and skint many thanks to all marshalls and funsters for a great weekend. it never ceases to amaze me how welcoming and frendly all the funsters are and any one who has not attended a funster meet should try it you are sure to be made welcome by one and all thanks again

Terry and Brenda:thanks2::thanks2:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We are back as well, skint but happy. Why is it that you go to shows needing nothing but spend a shed load on stuff you really need? Thanks to the Marshalls for the weekend, Mark at CLS for the hab service - and no horrors this year:thumb: and Jim for LR and the other**. Both working great :thumb:

** Dont ask:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
What a great weekend

I really enjoyed my first meet, and many thanks to marshals Sundowners, Bob and Jane and Jim and Sian, and also to JJ for endless amusement. We were also blessed with great weather too...

Excellent all round!

:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
A big thanks to to Nigel & Pamala, Bob & Jane, Jim & Sian, and all the fellow Funsters, for a making it great weekend..............with a wee bit of help from the weather man upstairs. :thumb:

We'll meet up again, with all those who are going to Stratford.

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Yeah, thumbs up guys,

The training took some battering for the running but for a marathon drinking session I think 3 am in the morning was not bad.

Thanks to the wonderful JJ for my Tshirt you just never stop making me laugh.

The great thing was to meet so many new funsters, the club keeps growing because it's friendliness,

Gotta love Sonja for calling me fit :winky: made my day until I realised what she meant :ROFLMAO:

and thanks to Sian for kidnapping my wife and forcing alcohol down her when I was clearly ready to go...... home:Blush: you know she doesn't drink :Angry:

A big thank you to GJH for not letting me go with my heiki sky light nicely open. :Doh:

Money spent

Van chip- ÂŁ240
water container ÂŁ10
bits bobs ÂŁ20
reversing monitor ÂŁ49
hair clips ÂŁ6
CARAVAN MEBERSHIP ÂŁ40!!!!! yes you read it right.!!!

peace love and harmony to all..

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Home again, not that we had too far to go, filled up with diesel at Sainsburys with our 5p off coupon, ÂŁ91 and the tank was already a third full. :cry: Read in the paper today Morrisons offering 6p off for a ÂŁ40 spend, check it out!

Thanks to all the Marshalls for a great job (do they ever get to see anything?) and all the funsters for making it a brilliant weekend, especially Ambilkate, Amanda, Billl and Kate, for being great neighbours and saving our seats for the show. :thumb: Oh and not forgetting our neighbours on the other side whose name escapes me now as they never spoke to us all weekend! :ROFLMAO:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
What a brilliant weekend, thanks to all the marshalls, and organising the quizes and get togethers, weather was fantastic, and like others spent too much money.
see yo all at the next meet wherever that might be.
Jim thanks for sorting one of our friends who has now been converted to a Funster and joining the club, will get them on a meet soon:thumb:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Another great meet, what a super weekend.
Many thanks to Pamela,Nigel,Jim and Sian and Bob and Jane for marshalling and looking after us so well.
Thanks to all the Funsters for loads of laughter. Thanks to Sian for the tour of the stately home- it is fabulous with the new covers.
Did not need anything at the show ::bigsmile: but we spent
ÂŁ25 Morrocan rug
Seat covers ÂŁ35
Homemade lemon drizzle cakes ÂŁ8
wrench ÂŁ2
Loo blueÂŁ10
Pamper van cleaner ÂŁ20 .......:Doh:
Lucille

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
What can I say, a HUGE thank you to Nigel & Pam for their never ceasing hard work and effort yet again, also to Jim & Sian not forgetting Bob & Jane, Jane kept every one supplied with some wonderful baking. to every one we didn't meet we will try harder next time, thanks to mr Gaffa tape best known as Geo to the rescue again, a brilliant weekend great company and weather to match what more can any one want, only complaint it was over all too soon .

Spend I don't want to add it up :cry:too bloody much but who cares :ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Thank You Everyone for another great Funsters Weekend.

Thanks Marshalls you did a great job and a big thank you for Jock, Jane, Pamela and Nigel for the bacon butties this morning. (Yum Yum).

Nice talking to old friends and new. I just loved the Haganaps in their matching shirts today:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thought I was seeing double.

Also loved JJ's shirt - I think Im going to have to get me one of them :roflmto:

See you all soon.

Sonja

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
A big thanks from Elvis too

Also back and knackered...had a fab time tho ::bigsmile:

Thanks to all the Funsters that popped by the Stand and said hello...it was great to meet you and your support was very much appreciated ::bigsmile: Just too knacked to track you all down of an evening, perhaps next time.

But! Where were you Jim ?:cry: And what is more Jim! Where is my bloody smily face badge??? Felt naked without one! :Blush: :ROFLMAO:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
A big thank you from us to Pamala, Nigel, Jim, Sian, Bob and Jane for putting on a fab meet. I know we didnt get to see everyone, and Carol we just seemed to miss each other. To whoever organised the weather you got it spot on:thumb: Didnt spend too much and could of spent a lot more had we seen a motor we really liked more than the one we have, phew. Motor now all cleaned out and back in storage until our next trip on weekend of the Royal wedding.

Last edited:

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
"Thank you"

We would just like to say a big thank you to Nigel & Pam (Sundowners) for making us so welcome and for all the valuable information they gave to us.

I have just paid our subscription to Motorhome Fun and as I could not get my password right (silly me) altered my user name from owlgirl to Gran:ROFLMAO:

Hopeing to meet you all sometime if not before at the nezt MMM show.

Mary & Roger

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
thanks

Thanks to Jim Sian Pamela Nigel Bob & Jane
had a great time didnt want to leave :cry:thanks to mark for sorting our fridge (duck tape removed from van) haggers for keeping his bbq warm for us and to every one else::bigsmile: for makin it a crackin weekend :thumb:
hope to see you all soon

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
We too would like to say what a great weekend was had by one and all and thanks to Pam n Nigel, Bob and Jane and of course Sian n lovely legs Jim :ROFLMAO:. Hopefully looking forward to meeting up with those attending the Misterton meet.
Thanks again

Mick n Sheila

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Just home from Peterborough and enjoying a mug of tea and bacon sarnie - but not as much as Sunday morning!
Thanks to Nigel, Pamala, Sian and Jim et al for helping to make a great weekend for our first Funster meet. Lovely to meet so many friendly people and sorry we could not get round to everyone.
If you've never been to a meet, don't hesitate to join in next time. A great time awaits.
Tony & Ginny :Smile::Smile:

PS Great to meet you JJ - even if you are a 'noisy neighbour'.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Thanks to one & all for a very pleasant weekend ::bigsmile:
We are currently tucked up on the uttoxeter Racecourse site en route to the Chester Food Festival at the weekend :Smile:

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
May I add my thanks to all those involved in running the meet. :thumb:

Now back at base and part way through sorting out the van ready for France next week, I hope to see some of you at Newbury on my way back. :Smile:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
:thanks2:
It looks like most have got there first but we also would like to say a big thankyou to all the hard working marshals for organising a great meet at Peterboro' & particularly for putting on such good weather!:thumb::thumb:

I would add that it was a pleasure to meet so many new friends & to be able to put names and faces to the avatars so often seen on the forum - hope to see you all again very soon.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
:thanks:

Many thanks to everyone involved in organising the Peterborough weekend, and to all those Funsters who made me welcome at my first rally. It was especially good to meet up with other solos and fulltimers. Hope everyone had a safe journey back and hope to meet up again at the Royal Wedding rally. :Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks once again to Nigel & Pamala, Bob & Jane, Jim & Sian and Jock & Rita for all the did to make another weekend special for us. Great to see so many new faces as well as old ones.

Will I ever forget my first proper experience of being allowed to look (but not too far) into The Beast? Managed to get away without a brush being stuck in my hand though :Smile:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Thanks to all who organised the meet and also the funsters that made it most enjoyable :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
A big thank you to Pamela Nigel Jim Sian and Bob & Jane for a brilliant rally you could not have asked for more great weather and loads of Fun, also a thank you to Peter H for letting me do the quiz with him (and winning) you can guess whose input that was :Smile: and JJ for his great company and showing us some of his magic, the music quiz was such a good way to get to say hello to a lot more funsters, but somehow I still managed to miss Dale, once again thanks.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We would also like to say Thank You to ...Nigel n Pamala, Jim n Sian, Jock n Rita and Bob n Jane for all the effort they have put into this to make it such a brilliant meet:thumb::thumb::thumb:

It was great putting more faces to names and the weather behaved itself beautifully :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Rounding the w/e off on sunday morning with delicious bacon rolls and cakes n biscuits who could resist :thumb::thumb::thumb:

John n Kath

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
What a splendid weekend all the better for the great effort put in by, Nigel n Pamala, Jim n Sian, Bob n Jane and Jock and Rita. :thumb:
Also thanks to all who supported Stacey and visited her stall.
JJ the big man also. On Friday he amazed my grandson with his trickery with a 50p. There is a 4 year old still going round with his own version of the trick and the magic 50p is his most prized possession.
Sunday afternoons impromptu magic show was something to behold.
JJ your a star.

Andy, Lynn, Ashley, Stacey and Charlie

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
thank you to all those involved in running the meet :thumb:
we had a very nice chilled out weekend .:thumb: