Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
We're back from France after lots of adventures.
We stayed according to Funster's recommendations 1st night in Bresle near Beauvais. Next 7 days at Disney. Amazing place! ::bigsmile: 13Euros per night. Loo emptying in coach park. Water point outside loo block, we had a sign saying water would be off in November.
The shower / loo block is now posted with big signs saying for professional Coach drivers only in five languages, but no one took any notice, least of all the lady with mobile,ipod, heated rollers & hairdryer all in the same electric point! Stock up with food before you come as the little shop on the station only sells the basics. Great RER fast train into Paris and plenty of Disney places to eat.
We met our long lost French cousin whom we last saw 55 years ago when I was 4! We lost contact when my Welsh aunt ,his mother, died as no one at that time spoke French. But my daughter found him via the internet in the Isle de la Reunion!
Then off to the South where -oops- our lovely Frankia rolled to a stop at the roadside. Clutch needed repairing. It took days to sort out so we missed the ferry home as first the speedo didn't work then reverse gear! Aagh!:Sad:
But it was a great holiday.What interested us was how much more expensive France seemed. How empty non tourist supermarkets were. What surprised us was how beautiful the vines and trees were. Maybe the weather wasn't as good as Summer, but the beautiful tree and vine colours, scarlet,burgundy,chocolate ochre- beautiful!:Smile:
Lucille

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Welcome home,
Glad to see you had a good time.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Welcome home
Did you notice how dirty and dingy the Uk looked coming back into port, or was it just me:Sad:
Geo

OP
OP
staging lady

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Thanks Geo. What struck us as we came home were all the bits of polythene caught in the roadside bushes on the A roads ;and what rubbish was served up, disguised as food, in some of the motorway service restaurants. fast food junk or main meals sold out. better to leave motorway but at that stage you just want to get home, don't you?
Lucille

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
The reunion must have been amazing!! :Smile: How lovely to hear about your trip...most of us (me included) just report in when we are about to go.....!
We are about to set off for 3 months through France and Spain...will try to report back ..IF we feel like returning!! :ROFLMAO: Ana x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back