Back from Clacton

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by martyn, Sep 19, 2008.

1. martyn

martyn Read Only Funster

Got back yesterday from 8 great days in Clacton,only had one wet day.Arrived on site only to find they had overbooked,and no pitch for us. They suggested we go to another site nearby, I suggested as they had taken my money,they find us a pitch pronto.All was resolved when they found us a nice hardstanding away from the touring area,that was once home to a static caravan,and close to the clubhouse:Wink:I had booked the bus into a local garage for the dreaded MOT so took it down on thursday,left it there,went for a cuppa,fearing the worst.On our return,the very very nice man in the garage told me it had passed,:thumb:so i got the wife to give him a kiss,and told him i'd see him next year,probably fail it next time after that.:Rofl1:Met up with some old friends on the site and had a very pleasant (make that boozey) week.:BigGrin:

2. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

Brilliant News Martyn.

Glad they got you sorted in the end and you had a great break.BTW You didn't say HOW near you were to the Bar/Clubhouse.Great news about the MOT Too.Bet you're well chuffed.

If that had been a Heineken site they would have fixed you up with a Beer hookup.:Wink:

Worth a thought for the future...all you site owners out there.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  3. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi Martyn

Glad to hear you had a good week in Clacton, was this the Marty Wilde trip, if so how is he performing.
    My Mum & Dad used to take me to Clacton when I was a kid, but I always found my way back home.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

4. martyn

martyn Read Only Funster

Hi Brian
    Yeah, saw Marty Wilde Saturday night.Absolutely fantastic, the man is like a good wine,he gets better with age.69 years old and still rockin' like a teenager.He had his younger daughter Roxanne with him, she's pretty good as well.If you get the chance to see his show,you won't be dissappointed.Think he's doing a few dates round London.

5. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi Martyn

Just had a look at Marty's web site, he's got a list of gigs as long as your arm.
    He is appearing at our local theatre in October, we will try and get along to see him.

Brian & Pam