lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Well what can I say, another fantastic meet with all of you lovely people

Thanks Pamela and Nigel for the hospitality , and thanks Chris for bailing us out lol

The weather wasnt as good as we had hoped but it didnt stop us from having a great time, The tent was always full of an evening and everyone mixed well.

Was great to meet up with our old friends and meet some new ones.

hope to see you all again soon

Leanne, Paul and Maxy the retriever :Smile::Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We have arrived safely back at home from Belvoir Castle.
Another great Funster meet, good to see old friends and to make new ones. Our thanks go to Sundowners (Nigel & Pamala) and to Landylovers (Bill & Shirley) for marshalling the meet and also for the Burger & Cake Fest on Sunday lunch time.

Brisey & Pam.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We were about 200 metres from home when Barbara commented on how nice an convertible Jaguar was as it passed us with the top down.
At the next junction it had burst into flames and the fire was very quickly engulfing the whole car :Eeek: Fire engine arrived within 10 minutes, but there wasn't a lot left :Sad:
Bloody expensive Barbeque :whatthe:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We were about 200 metres from home when Barbara commented on how nice an convertible Jaguar was as it passed us with the top down.
At the next junction it had burst into flames and the fire was very quickly engulfing the whole car :Eeek: Fire engine arrived within 10 minutes, but there wasn't a lot left :Sad:
Bloody expensive Barbeque :whatthe:

Great stuff.......That'll teach him not to overtake a motorhome again:ROFLMAO:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Thanks

THANKS AGAIN NIGEL AND PAMELA FOR A GREAT WEEKEND :Smile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
fantastic meet

THANKS AGAIN NIGEL AND PAMELA FOR A GREAT WEEKEND :Smile:

OK, the weather was not the best, but we did manage a couple of cook outs, beating the rain by minutes on Thursday and a much nicer one on Sunday evening.

It goes without saying that we all thank Nigel and Pam and Bill and Shirley.. great marshals and a smooth meet...

Burgers were great as were the cakes.

The French market in the middle of the stalls was very good.. still eating the biscuits we bought.. The show was much better than Stratford.. more traders.. but down on dealers selling motorhomes.

MHF was miles from the area where the stalls and sellers were.. boy what a hike.. even my disabled buggy battery gave up after a few trips. The roadway was not the best I have seen and boy was the grass rough..fantastic venue, but I think Warners needs to give a bit more consideration to some of the issues of the landscape.. while I moan as I do.:Blush: The idea of everyone having to transit the food area to get in is rather silly as boy was it a job getting past people at times.. no thought given to the issues in my mind.

Plus the two little 'hitlers' (various shapes and models at various times) checking the wrist bands, became very tiring and caused bottle necks more than once.. all to keep the day visitors out of the camping area:whatthe:

Shows (open air) were ok.. but the weather did not help.

Our own meetings in the two tents put up by the marshalls did well.. thanks ..

Can anyone tell me why people were standing in the rain waiting for a bus to go to Grantham????? long lines in the pouring rain.. is it such a good place? is it a place I should go to?

I am sorry for all of those that suffered my Ukelele.. and the singing of Bill (Landylover and marshal) Rick (motor romin) and myself.. we were practicing.. well that is my excuse.. we have a gig to do in August...opps let the cat out of the bag.. but I doubt anyone knew what we were trying to sing.. I know Bill keeped singing Ging Gang Gooly.. but that is not what we were practicing..

The burgers were well worth the £1.00 think Bill and Nigel undercharged on those. worth double.

But a good weekend.. glad to meet so many face to names.. Ezzie enjoyed meeting lots of different 4 legged friends.. You know me.. I talk to anyone..

Bob:Eeek:

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Was a good show, sorry we stopped on the MMM location which was a bit nearer,shows where good,more brassed of with the bloody generators running all over the place,when you could sit out all you could hear was those things,can not people manage without them or have a area just for motorhomes with genies would be better :Angry:

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks all, especially Nigel, Pam, Bill and Shirley, see you all at the next meet::bigsmile:

Richard and Gay

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
You would hate it in among the yanks

Was a good show, sorry we stopped on the MMM location which was a bit nearer,shows where good,more brassed of with the bloody generators running all over the place,when you could sit out all you could hear was those things,can not people manage without them or have a area just for motorhomes with genies would be better :Angry:

You would hate to have been with us then.. nearly all the yanks were running generators ..including myself... but then I do need to charge my disabled scooters. I know Smudger also had to charge his disabled power chair. I also saw him charging Amanda's (Bill and Kates daughter) disabled scooter.

I also know Bill our Marshall had to charge the power pack to run the lighting in the tents in the evening for everyone's benefits .. but to charge it he had to of course run is generator.

The rules of the show allows use of generators between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. .. perhaps you need to be with the tents on the far side of the lake..I take it they do not run generators.. but then you might have the noise of the music.

They call me sourpuss Bob!!!!! boy.. I donate the title to you.

Bob:shout:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun

I have to agree with you as I no longer use a genny:winky:

I find it's the Honda brigade that tend to be noisier running them all the time:Doh::RollEyes:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I didn't hear a generator all weekend in the Funster ECO park area, just the gently hum of wind generators and the sound of sizzling solar panels :ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
must admit there was one noisy one

Did you run out of batteries in your hearing aid then :ROFLMAO:

I must admit in the General field behind the hedge the functors were in was a yank.. with a very very loud Kipor or some other rubbish that laboured from 8 a.m. to late.. must have spent a fortune on fuel.

But speaking for me:Blush: running my 4 kw Onan Micro lite based on the chassis with the Venuri attached we could have a conversation sitting beside the RV.. even Ricks Holiday Rambler (bigger genny) is not that loud.. and Smudgers 2kw Honda is OK... so you must have parked up with a rum lot.. but that is what happens if you park with MMM.. we did not get the free hog roast either.. but Bills and Nigels burgers made up for that.

The issue of getting to the show was very overcomable as several of us had cars that can and did carry scooters up and own from the show are to where we parked. That is what the MHF funsters do best.. help a hand to those in need or cannot do it.. sometimes you have to ask.. it is amazing how many will jump to help... I know I have asked and they have responded many times.

I am not talking about one or two here, but the vast majority of the group are more than willing to get a felow funster out of trouble or offer a lift or whatever it takes.

Next time sign in with us and see.

Bob aka sourpuss bob, aka M'lud... and a few I cannot print.:whatthe:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks to Nigel and Pamela and to all our new funster friends for helping to make a great weekend for us. Being fairly new to this meets thing we were pleased to get to know so many new people. The event shelters work well (we still wish you could have a fire pit though Nigel) and Sunday night was so funny.

Safely returned our 5er to its pitch and spent the afternoon there in the sun before retuning home to prepare to return to work tomorrow. :cry: If only every weekend could be 4 days long. :Cool:

Gill

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
We would also like to thank our wonderful Marshals for doing a sterling job, had a great weekend
Great to have a laugh with all of the funsters, and Andria with her daft games had us all bamboozle last night:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Amanda

Free Member
Apr 30, 2010
shropshire
Funster No
MH
sundance 630g
Exp
since 2006 with my mom & dad
THANKS FOR MAKING US WELCOME, EVEN THOUGH WE BOOKED WITH MMM, WE PROUDLY FLEW OUR FUN FLAG AND GAVE OUT FUN CARDS.
WE HAD OUR GENNIE ON FOR MY MOBILITY SCOOTER SO I COULD KEEP COMING UPTO FUN::bigsmile:
I MUST PICK UP SOME MORE EAR PLUGS AS MOM KEEPS PRACTICING HER UKELE:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
LOTS OF LOVE TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND BIG THANKS TO NIGEL AND PAMELA XXXXXXXXX

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Was a good show,,more brassed of with the bloody generators running all over the place,when you could sit out all you could hear was those things,can not people manage without them or have a area just for motorhomes with genies would be better :Angry:

I understand your dislike of gennies :cry::cry:-----------but in our case, we are set-up to run 90% of the time on EHU----we can't justify the cost/weight of solar & big battery bank----so rely on our baby Honda as required ----usually at night but we have to shut it down at 10---so have to start it a bit earlier than we would like----we have been off EHU for a few weeks so have no real choice at the moment-------we have not done enough miles between meets to charge up :cry::cry:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

We were a little envious of your area being SO MUCH closer to the show area-----------And our burgers were a quid per person :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Nigel & Pamala

smith123

Free Member
Dec 23, 2009
st helens
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
not long
we had top time at the show sorry we didnt meet up with you lot ....we are booking on the cheshire show so will meet up with you all there

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
A huge thank you once again for all the time and effort put in by Pam and Nigel also Bill and Shirl......without all the work put in by these Guys the shows would be just that and we would do one a year max......so once again Thanks.

All the best Rick

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Good time had by all me thinks.........
Was great, shame about the slight drizzle from time to time!!!
Big thanks to Sundowners & Landy Lovers and to every once else there. You guys ALL put the Great in to the weekend.
Or is it It is in Weekend but Not in Great?

lov ya Bill, but yaw spilling is S#ite! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Love n Hugs
Andrea & Jeff
xx

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Good time had by all me thinks.........
Was great, shame about the slight drizzle from time to time!!!
Big thanks to Sundowners & Landy Lovers and to every once else there. You guys ALL put the Great in to the weekend.
Or is it It is in Weekend but Not in Great?

lov ya Bill, but yaw spilling is S#ite! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Love n Hugs
Andrea & Jeff
xx

OOPS, sorry AndrEa, it was me, got to fess up to it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Chrisxxx

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
HI all,

We can only second, third, fourth etc what has already been said by other funsters, great meet, great company even though we were blamed for bring the rain to Grantham, but at least we left the sunshine with you when we left late sunday evening :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Thanks to Sundowners and Landylover for excellent hosting, special thanks to Nigel for cooking mi egg bun x

Mick & Sheila

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
We haven't been to a meet/rally with fun since Stratford'09 ... but this meet made up for that!
Met up with a few old mates and hopefully it won't be long before we meet up again with the new friends we made at this show :Smile: - Yes the gennies were running ::bigsmile: there was laughter and some singing in the evening ... what a buzz!! ... but hey, at a reasonable hour all was quiet and we and our dog slept like a log - so thanks to funsters , Sundowners and Landylover for another good entry in our travels diary :thumb:

Brian and Julia

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We would also like to thank Pam & Nigel plus Bill & Shirl. We had another enjoyable weekend. The last night of the Proms was good but Robbie Williams was pants. Sods law weather booked up Monday morning.

We only drove 50 miles down to Huntingdon and are now on a CC site.

Looking forward to seeing you all again and trying Andreas game ' bble dibble dibble summat or other' next time we see you.:ROFLMAO:

Lynda, Ken & Jess

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Thank you to one and all who made it a fantastic weekend :thumb:
A bit of drizzle was never going to dampen the Funster spirit
Andreas conundrums Sunday night had us all in stitches more so when Amanda declared 'the moon is out and full of sh*te' :ROFLMAO: (blondes and tongue twisters :winky:)
We hope everyone had an enjoyable journey home or on to their next port of call, Looking forward to our next meet asap :Smile:

Dave & Amanda
Jax & Luna

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back