LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Just arrived back from Bath and would like to say we had a really good time. Always a stranger meet when using a campsite as there was no real places to get together. But anyhow, we had a really nice time. We met up with Family guy, Pat & Jan on the M6 on Friday and have only just stopped laughing. Good to see Christoph and Kay and see the usual other funster's.

The Good bits,
When we won the charity auction for these Bath tickets along with Jim & Sian we thought it would be nice to meet up and spend a weekend together. After chatting and looking for dates and making sure JJ would be doing the walk, It seemed like a good idea to throw it open as a meet. Wow, what can I say.

If you have not done the Bath comedy walk and seen JJ in action then you have not lived. The guy is a comical genius!! how has this man evaded a TV set near you for so long? Excellent timing, Excellent put downs, and how a man can walk the streets of Bath on a Saturday night with all those hen parties and rowdy men throwing in there heckles only to be destroyed by JJ is a masterpiece. Got kids? worried about them? no problem, JJ took the kids all the way round with him and kept them all within arms length. It was like a prepaid babysitter, so much so that I felt totally relaxed.
So a massive big it up to JJ, you thoroughly deserve it fella, a great night in your company along with the Australians and Americans. Nikki's sister who lives in Bath and had never been was amazed at how good it was as Im sure we all were.

The Bad bits.
The moaning women whom told the 6 motrohome fun kids to "piss off" for being to noisy when playing hide and seek at the outrageously late time of 9-20 pm. And then when the kids done exactly what she said without any back chat came over and insisted on having a go at us and informing us that she would be getting the site warden to throw all the kids off the site. Why cant people let kids have a good time? or if there's a problem come over and say in a nice polite rational manner, "could you please?" or "would you ask?" instead of just launching a torrent of abuse. :Angry:

Still didn't spoil it for me...
We had a great time, now off to bed:thumb:

Lynn ( Mrs Ash )

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
(The Midlands) Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
A-Class Frankia 640 Exclu
Exp
9 yrs
Hiya funsters , we arrived home about 4.30 just settling down now to a pizza and the weekends tele programs :Smile:
Have to agree with Haggers as usual it was another fab weekend and it was lovely to catch up with everyone & nice to meet new faces too :thumb::thumb:
JJ you were fab :thumb:
See most of you next week at Lincoln and for those who are not there we will see you next yr :Eeek:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Not been to Bath buy know JJ is brilliant at what he does:thumb:

Glad you all enjoyed yourselves:winky::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What a great weekend we had:Smile: Though we were on a regular campsite 99% of the funsters were parked up with each other and the good weather throughout meant that most of the three days was spent chatting with each other in the sun so we dod not miss the marquee. On saturday a day exploring Bath followed up at 8pm with JJ's Bizzare Bath show made for a superb day, chatting about the day, till 2am this morning was good as well:whatthe:

Oneof the best weekends for ages, thanks funsters, especially JJ:thumb:

I took plenty of Photos and will upload them later. :Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We are back at home from the Bath Meet. We had a great weekend catching up with old friends and making new acquaintances. Thanks to Jim for organising the meet and to JJ for a brilliant evening walking the streets of Bath.
JJ you are a star.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
We are now looking forward to the next Funster meet at the Lincoln Show, see you there.:thumb:

Brisey (Brian & Pam)

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Just got back from bath.
What a great weekend we had. Thanks, Jim and Haggers for suggesting it and Jim for marshalling it . The weather was warm and sunny and we spent most of the time talking, catching up with old friends and meeting new. Dave came looking for me as he had packed up to go in the time it had taken me to say our goodbyes to everyone!
Bath is beautiful but we need to go back and spend more time there.
We had a meal in town before the comedy walk with Brisey and Pam,Chrisboyo and Liz, and John and Pat ( the Italian gang), with ringside entertainment and then went onto the comedy walk.
JJ is fantastic. I haven't laughed so much in ages. :roflmto:The comedy walk is one of the best shows on a tour I've seen. So thank you, JJ.
Only thing is Stuart safe now?:Eeek:
Family coming to stay stops us from going to Lincoln so have a great time all those who are going and hope to see you all soon.
Lucille::bigsmile:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
The Bad bits.
The moaning women whom told the 6 motrohome fun kids to "piss off" for being to noisy when playing hide and seek at the outrageously late time of 9-20 pm. And then when the kids done exactly what she said without any back chat came over and insisted on having a go at us and informing us that she would be getting the site warden to throw all the kids off the site. Why cant people let kids have a good time? or if there's a problem come over and say in a nice polite rational manner, "could you please?" or "would you ask?" instead of just launching a torrent of abuse. :Angry:

Well we were parked right alongside Patrick and Jan and the Kids were playing about the area at most times and we both ( both past retiring age) commented on how good they all were. So what planet she was on can only be guessed at - glad it did not spoil your fun.

Agree with everything you say about the walk and JJ - absolutely FABULOUS - the guy is a genius - hoped to see him today but understand he is communing with a pint or two to get over the stress of all us funsters:ROFLMAO:

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
just like say thanks to every one it was a cracking weekend when some one said comedy
and walk in the same sentence i thought there having a laugh but i can honestly say well worth it been promoting it to all my family and friends definitely worth a return trip ,a big thanks to jj for teaching my Kidd's not to talk to strange men :thumb::thumb:
nice to meet friends old and new never got to bed be for 1 AM and 2 40 am on the Saturday
got locked out when the kids let me her who must b obeyed was sat up waiting for me as i said i will be back in 10 Min got that wrong
see you at Lincoln thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just uploaded some photos from the bath meet The album is Link Removed
jjballoons.jpg

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Glad you guys enjoyed it, we are now on the Bath Marina site and hoping to do the walk tomorrow. ::bigsmile:

Olley

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Glad you guys enjoyed it, we are now on the Bath Marina site and hoping to do the walk tomorrow. ::bigsmile:

Olley

Oh dear Ian. Mrs Olley - all those fancy shops in Bath, :Eeek: I think your wallet is going to take a hit. Good job your a millionaire::bigsmile:

You'll enjoy the walk, its great fun:thumb:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Great Pictures, looks like we missed a cracking meet.

Well done JJ.

One to repeat again.

Pat

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Oh dear Ian. Mrs Olley - all those fancy shops in Bath, :Eeek: I think your wallet is going to take a hit. Good job your a millionaire::bigsmile:

You'll enjoy the walk, its great fun:thumb:

No problem Jim, she earns it, I just play with the RV. ::bigsmile:

Olley

pegasus

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since Nov 2009
We had a great time, thanks to all of you. Sorry we missed the walk...
Christos, Kay, Megan, Michalis and rio.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
BRILLIANT WEEKEND. Thank you Jim and Sian.

Lovely people.... too many thanks to say everybody but special thanks to the handsome man who lent us a ladder to fix my aerial. . Thanks to Stuart, Jan, JJ of course, and big, big thanks to Bill and Shirley ... fun company..... and everybody else who was so wonderful and made kind offers of help.

Beautiful city, and not enough money or time to spend there in one weekend.... can we go for longer Jim please?:Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Many thanks to all the Bath Funsters who visited last weekend and thank you for all the kind comments above :Blush:

It is important to me that you should all know that The Bizarre Bath Comedy Walk was thought up and written by Noel Britten, IMO one of the funniest men in the business.

Cheers,

JJ :thumb:

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Great meet (yet again ) and as always a really nice group of people, some of whom I met for the first time. :thumb:

Thanks Jim and Sian for looking after us, these meets always go so well, and this is largely down to the hard work of people like you. :thumb:

And what a fantastic show from JJ. It was just so funny and well executed. I was a bit concerned when I heard that Stuart was going to be chained up and thrown in the water, but very relieved to learn it was going to be a "pesky wabbit", and not me!! ::bigsmile:

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
Just arrived back from Bath and would like to say we had a really good time. Always a stranger meet when using a campsite as there was no real places to get together. But anyhow, we had a really nice time. We met up with Family guy, Pat & Jan on the M6 on Friday and have only just stopped laughing. Good to see Christoph and Kay and see the usual other funster's.

The Good bits,
When we won the charity auction for these Bath tickets along with Jim & Sian we thought it would be nice to meet up and spend a weekend together. After chatting and looking for dates and making sure JJ would be doing the walk, It seemed like a good idea to throw it open as a meet. Wow, what can I say.

If you have not done the Bath comedy walk and seen JJ in action then you have not lived. The guy is a comical genius!! how has this man evaded a TV set near you for so long? Excellent timing, Excellent put downs, and how a man can walk the streets of Bath on a Saturday night with all those hen parties and rowdy men throwing in there heckles only to be destroyed by JJ is a masterpiece. Got kids? worried about them? no problem, JJ took the kids all the way round with him and kept them all within arms length. It was like a prepaid babysitter, so much so that I felt totally relaxed.
So a massive big it up to JJ, you thoroughly deserve it fella, a great night in your company along with the Australians and Americans. Nikki's sister who lives in Bath and had never been was amazed at how good it was as Im sure we all were.

The Bad bits.

Thanks JJ for an exceptional experience I really enjoyed it. Thanks to everyone else for making this such a good weekend and hoping more can be arranged soon!!!!!!!!

JJ I am parked in the secret but fantastic wildcamp spot by the canal, it is really beautiful here and thanks so much for showing it to us. Yours secret is safe with us, thats me and Joy. You are a star.

Take care all and keep smiling ::bigsmile: Nannyjan

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thank you Jim and Sian and everyone else that made this meet so Special

Lovely being with such lovely, friendly and helpful friends and making new :thumb:

The weather behaved itself too :roflmto::roflmto:

The Bizarre Comedy is a must if you missed it on this occasion when you next visit

Thank you JJ for such a brilliant night it really was magic and loved every minute of it

ps great photos too

John n Kath xx

CURLYCORNFLAKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2009
North of Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
another great weekend

after a brilliant weekend in Shepton then followed by an equally fantastic one in Bath.If you've never seen JJ in action doing the bizzare Bath walk you will be amazed. I still can't work out how it was done especially Stewart the rabbit. For those who haven't seen this show all I can say is you don't know what your missing.Great campsite wonderfull location easy access into Bath via park and ride bus or as we say in Bury buuzzz
Thanks to who ever organised the weather fantastic blue sky wonderfull whilst at home in Bury it was teeming it down

Thanks to Jim and Sian for organising it
icon7.gif
icon7.gif
icon7.gif
icon7.gif
icon7.gif

Herb and Sheila

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
thank's sian wagger for a great weekend and the rest of you drunken bums,could lead a man to drink you lot could.:ROFLMAO:

chris

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Glad you all had a great time, we would have loved to come if we had been in the country.

Bath is my favourite city in the UK and I have no doubt JJ would entertain (as he always does:roflmto: ).

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Great funster weekend all round, good company, good run out around Bath following JJ strutting his stuff:ROFLMAO:
That Rabbit Stew-art he sure is a great swimmer but please JJ, could you get him a wet suit for the winter

Even met some non funsters that were funsters when we left:thumb:

What more could you need

Thanks to Jim Sian and whoever else thought it up

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Many thanks to all the Bath Funsters who visited last weekend and thank you for all the kind comments above :Blush:
It is important to me that you should all know that The Bizarre Bath Comedy Walk was thought up and written by Noel Britten, IMO one of the funniest men in the business.

Cheers,

JJ :thumb:

JJ I know you want ensure that everyone knows that Noel Britten wrote and devised it but don't do yourself down - every successful comic has a script writer and it is the polish and professionalism of the presenter that often makes a very good idea brilliant - give yourself a pat on the back and enjoy you had us in stitches and as said before the way you kept the kids involved and the hecklers at bay was a joy to watch

Now if you really want a contest between you and Noel Britten hows about setting up another meet and a panel of funsters will go on a comedy walk with you and then Noel and marks out of 10 ?:Eeek:

Ok I'll go get me coat

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Just a quick post to say thanks to JJ and Jim for a great weekend.

Hope to meet you all again in the future.

Mr and Mrs Lunarman

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
JJ in action.
about 1 1/2 mins in.