Back from bath

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by haganap, Sep 19, 2010.

1. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Just arrived back from Bath and would like to say we had a really good time. Always a stranger meet when using a campsite as there was no real places to get together. But anyhow, we had a really nice time. We met up with Family guy, Pat & Jan on the M6 on Friday and have only just stopped laughing. Good to see Christoph and Kay and see the usual other funster's.

The Good bits,
    When we won the charity auction for these Bath tickets along with Jim & Sian we thought it would be nice to meet up and spend a weekend together. After chatting and looking for dates and making sure JJ would be doing the walk, It seemed like a good idea to throw it open as a meet. Wow, what can I say.

If you have not done the Bath comedy walk and seen JJ in action then you have not lived. The guy is a comical genius!! how has this man evaded a TV set near you for so long? Excellent timing, Excellent put downs, and how a man can walk the streets of Bath on a Saturday night with all those hen parties and rowdy men throwing in there heckles only to be destroyed by JJ is a masterpiece. Got kids? worried about them? no problem, JJ took the kids all the way round with him and kept them all within arms length. It was like a prepaid babysitter, so much so that I felt totally relaxed.
    So a massive big it up to JJ, you thoroughly deserve it fella, a great night in your company along with the Australians and Americans. Nikki's sister who lives in Bath and had never been was amazed at how good it was as Im sure we all were.

The Bad bits.
    The moaning women whom told the 6 motrohome fun kids to "piss off" for being to noisy when playing hide and seek at the outrageously late time of 9-20 pm. And then when the kids done exactly what she said without any back chat came over and insisted on having a go at us and informing us that she would be getting the site warden to throw all the kids off the site. Why cant people let kids have a good time? or if there's a problem come over and say in a nice polite rational manner, "could you please?" or "would you ask?" instead of just launching a torrent of abuse. :Angry:

Still didn't spoil it for me...
    We had a great time, now off to bed:thumb:

2. Lynn ( Mrs Ash )

Lynn ( Mrs Ash ) Read Only Funster

Hiya funsters , we arrived home about 4.30 just settling down now to a pizza and the weekends tele programs :Smile:
    Have to agree with Haggers as usual it was another fab weekend and it was lovely to catch up with everyone & nice to meet new faces too :thumb::thumb:
    JJ you were fab :thumb:
    See most of you next week at Lincoln and for those who are not there we will see you next yr :Eeek:

3. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Not been to Bath buy know JJ is brilliant at what he does:thumb:

Glad you all enjoyed yourselves:Wink::Smile:

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

What a great weekend we had:Smile: Though we were on a regular campsite 99% of the funsters were parked up with each other and the good weather throughout meant that most of the three days was spent chatting with each other in the sun so we dod not miss the marquee. On saturday a day exploring Bath followed up at 8pm with JJ's Bizzare Bath show made for a superb day, chatting about the day, till 2am this morning was good as well:Eek!:

Oneof the best weekends for ages, thanks funsters, especially JJ:thumb:

I took plenty of Photos and will upload them later. :Smile:

5. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

We are back at home from the Bath Meet. We had a great weekend catching up with old friends and making new acquaintances. Thanks to Jim for organising the meet and to JJ for a brilliant evening walking the streets of Bath.
    JJ you are a star.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
    We are now looking forward to the next Funster meet at the Lincoln Show, see you there.:thumb:

Brisey (Brian & Pam)

6. staging lady

staging lady Funster

Just got back from bath.
    What a great weekend we had. Thanks, Jim and Haggers for suggesting it and Jim for marshalling it . The weather was warm and sunny and we spent most of the time talking, catching up with old friends and meeting new. Dave came looking for me as he had packed up to go in the time it had taken me to say our goodbyes to everyone!
    Bath is beautiful but we need to go back and spend more time there.
    We had a meal in town before the comedy walk with Brisey and Pam,Chrisboyo and Liz, and John and Pat ( the Italian gang), with ringside entertainment and then went onto the comedy walk.
    JJ is fantastic. I haven't laughed so much in ages. :Laughing:The comedy walk is one of the best shows on a tour I've seen. So thank you, JJ.
    Only thing is Stuart safe now?:Eeek:
    Family coming to stay stops us from going to Lincoln so have a great time all those who are going and hope to see you all soon.
    Lucille:BigGrin:

7. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Well we were parked right alongside Patrick and Jan and the Kids were playing about the area at most times and we both ( both past retiring age) commented on how good they all were. So what planet she was on can only be guessed at - glad it did not spoil your fun.

Agree with everything you say about the walk and JJ - absolutely FABULOUS - the guy is a genius - hoped to see him today but understand he is communing with a pint or two to get over the stress of all us funsters:Rofl1:

8. Family Guy

Family Guy Funster

just like say thanks to every one it was a cracking weekend when some one said comedy
    and walk in the same sentence i thought there having a laugh but i can honestly say well worth it been promoting it to all my family and friends definitely worth a return trip ,a big thanks to jj for teaching my Kidd's not to talk to strange men :thumb::thumb:
    nice to meet friends old and new never got to bed be for 1 AM and 2 40 am on the Saturday
    got locked out when the kids let me her who must b obeyed was sat up waiting for me as i said i will be back in 10 Min got that wrong
    see you at Lincoln thumb:

9. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

I didn't go to bath put i know JJ a star put a shame hes a pule sportier:Wink:

10. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Just uploaded some photos from the bath meet The album is >here:Smile:

[​IMG]

11. olley

olley Funster

Glad you guys enjoyed it, we are now on the Bath Marina site and hoping to do the walk tomorrow. :BigGrin:

Olley

12. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Oh dear Ian. Mrs Olley - all those fancy shops in Bath, :Eeek: I think your wallet is going to take a hit. Good job your a millionaire:BigGrin:

You'll enjoy the walk, its great fun:thumb:

13. Pat4Neil

Pat4Neil Read Only Funster

Great Pictures, looks like we missed a cracking meet.

Well done JJ.

One to repeat again.

Pat

14. olley

olley Funster

No problem Jim, she earns it, I just play with the RV. :BigGrin:

Olley

15. pegasus

pegasus Read Only Funster

We had a great time, thanks to all of you. Sorry we missed the walk...
    Christos, Kay, Megan, Michalis and rio.

16. movan

movan Funster Life Member

BRILLIANT WEEKEND. Thank you Jim and Sian.

Lovely people.... too many thanks to say everybody but special thanks to the handsome man who lent us a ladder to fix my aerial. . Thanks to Stuart, Jan, JJ of course, and big, big thanks to Bill and Shirley ... fun company..... and everybody else who was so wonderful and made kind offers of help.

Beautiful city, and not enough money or time to spend there in one weekend.... can we go for longer Jim please?:Smile:

17. JJ

JJ Funster

Many thanks to all the Bath Funsters who visited last weekend and thank you for all the kind comments above :Blush:

It is important to me that you should all know that The Bizarre Bath Comedy Walk was thought up and written by Noel Britten, IMO one of the funniest men in the business.

Cheers,

JJ :thumb:

18. capinpugwash

capinpugwash Funster

Great meet (yet again ) and as always a really nice group of people, some of whom I met for the first time. :thumb:

Thanks Jim and Sian for looking after us, these meets always go so well, and this is largely down to the hard work of people like you. :thumb:

And what a fantastic show from JJ. It was just so funny and well executed. I was a bit concerned when I heard that Stuart was going to be chained up and thrown in the water, but very relieved to learn it was going to be a "pesky wabbit", and not me!! :BigGrin:

19. JJ

JJ Funster

"STEWART" not "STUART", Stuart and... shhhhhhuuuusssshh!:Wink:

JJ

20. nannyjan

nannyjan Read Only Funster

Thanks JJ for an exceptional experience I really enjoyed it. Thanks to everyone else for making this such a good weekend and hoping more can be arranged soon!!!!!!!!

JJ I am parked in the secret but fantastic wildcamp spot by the canal, it is really beautiful here and thanks so much for showing it to us. Yours secret is safe with us, thats me and Joy. You are a star.

Take care all and keep smiling :BigGrin: Nannyjan