Back Box for Renault Master PVC,to still enable the doors to be used ? (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Can any members point me in the direction of a Back Box/Carrier,that will hold two Lafuma loungers,and will swing free on one door,if and when the need arises. I could get one made locally, but the stress points will have already been worked out on a "proper one"
Thanks in advance,we had managed quite well with them AND the growler on board,but since the growler has gone,we seem to have Less ? room.... So how does that work ?
Tea Bag
PS We have a Tow bar fitted,if this helps.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Back boxes such as Fiamma ones are fixed to a bike rack which means that it would open with the right hand door. Anything fitted to the towbar would stop the doors opening.

OP
OP
Tea Bag
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Back boxes such as Fiamma ones are fixed to a bike rack which means that it would open with the right hand door. Anything fitted to the towbar would stop the doors opening.
Hi Mikeco.
Thanks for the reply. I understand about the Tow bar fixed ones,but being as the chairs are not that heavy,i had/have a plan to make quick release fittings for the holes in the back door hinges and stand a frame carrying the box onto the towball,it ,then taking the weight,this way i can lift it off, and leave the box at home,when not needed.
If all else fails,i will borrow "Dexter" growler from the daughter,this would then mean,with him,his bedding,food and water bowls etc we would then have more room again(y)(y)/ (n)(n)(n)
Tea Bag
PS. He is growing at an alarming rate,when he trots along he has a magical movement,reminds me of early mornings when i used to go and park up just outside of Newmarket on the old Bury st Edmunds rd,the horses used to come up from the stables through the wood,cross the road and set off in pairs,the movement of their legs and bodies,plus the sound of them breathing,was as good as the sight and sound of a Scania V8 going up a bank...... I really must get out more.......:confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
This is what we have (the one on the right). Fitted to an existing bike rack on the RH door. It wasn't straight forward to fit as it needed to be as far left as possible to clear the rear light on that side. I also added a fitting which clamps it to one of the bike rack rails. You have to be careful with weight. Ours takes two chairs, the silver screen, the levelling ramps and a few odd hoses and a ground sheet.
A towbar mounted box, fitted to a flat platform, would be better from a mechanical point of view.

P7211689.JPG

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
that dutch rack busbiker? swings away from the doors and can carry a box. anything swung on the door tends to bend the door out of shape

OP
OP
Tea Bag
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi.
Thanks for the replies, First wife has SEEN the one you have John,(So i won't tell her about that one,but i do like it,don't tell her.) Like your idea Minxy Girl,and TheBig1,buy the clamp and get an aliminium box made to the measure of the chairs. Now to measure and weigh tomorrow,sorted. I have seen a sticker for the box,on a "You know your a Redneck if...." video. On the back o an old Ute-Opia
"Honk if anything falls off!"
Tea Bag

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I have two chequer plate alumininium boxes bolted to each of my back doors on an Autosleeper Symbol,, Good for storage and i carry my chairs in a bag stood up on one of the boxes,,,BUSBY,,

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
If all you want to carry are 2 lightweight chairs why not pop them in a bag and just secure to a door mounted bike rack, I have done this in the past. However if you do want to carry anything else/heavier then I personally am not a fan of door mounted racks. Mind you I'm not a fan of rear mounted cycle racks on coachbuilt MH's either!

OP
OP
Tea Bag
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
If all you want to carry are 2 lightweight chairs why not pop them in a bag and just secure to a door mounted bike rack, I have done this in the past. However if you do want to carry anything else/heavier then I personally am not a fan of door mounted racks. Mind you I'm not a fan of rear mounted cycle racks on coachbuilt MH's either!
Hi Carol.
Have thought of that,but it is easier to get into a bag on the back,than an aliminium box,its just me,belt and Braces:ROFLMAO:. But thanks anyway.
Tea Bag

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Hi @Tea Bag, appreciate what you say but I used one of those squealing padlock chains when a I adopted this method. The fiamma back bag is also something I have used in the past but again I used the squealing padlock!! When on site very easy to dismantle and store.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back