back as a motorhomer, well some of the time (1 Viewer)

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Well we have returned to the fold, and have bought a motorhome again. We still have the caravan but will use the motorhome for the winter trips. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:.

The vehicle we have is 10 years old and although all the roof vents do not leak, or show any signs of this, with a damp test, we should maybe look at getting them resealed. What do you think??

2 proposals.

1) get somebody to do it there are 3 on the roof who do you recommend and roughly what does it cost?

2) Do it myself looks fairly easy, is it ? What sealant is recommended, I have seen w4 mastic, is this what you would use?

Any way glad to be back on the motorhome trail, even if it is only in the winter. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile::Cool:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Our van is 10 years old Mike. I briefly check the seals when cleaning the roof and they look OK, plus the damp test on the first habitation check we had done on the van in January was fine.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The more you get on the roof, the more often you should re-seal, as the flexing does eventually break the seals. We used to carry canoes of the roof and the weight of them and me a dozen times a year, meant I would have to reseal every year or the Heki skylight would leak, guaranteed. Others have gone 15 years without re-sealing.

Just keep and eye on it, the jobs not too difficult on a sunny day, you full timers have enough time::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
If you have to re seal use SYCOFLEX , which one, can't remember but it was bloody expensive (but worth it!:thumb:) about £12 -14

Only way to go!:thumb:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
There`s loads on fleabay but it is date stamped so be careful and ask what the date on the cartridges, I got done like that:thumb::thumb:

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
welcome back

Nice to see you back Mike hope you are both ok :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements