Babies on sites.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Cam1, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Cam1

Cam1 Funster

Hi All,
    My wife and I are Foster carers. We have a month old baby with us at the moment, and are looking to go away with our other girls and the baby in the Spring. I was just wondering what your thoughts were on babies on camp sites, especially at 2am when the baby is screaming for milk! We would obviously try and book a pitch away from the crowds but obviously someone is going to be next to us!

And if you are wondering, yes I'm absolutely shattered. At 46 I never thought I'd be feeding babies at 2am again! But she is lovely and it is all worth it.

Thanks for your thoughts
    Cam.:Smile:

2. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Be honest, tell the site warden - most camps have a spare overflow or rally field. They would probably be happy to accomodate you there, or in a secluded corner if a quiet site - gives you a little privacy at least!

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Personally, I wouldn't give it a second thought

We have six kids and all have been camping/motorhoming since birth .. In my experience drunk and rowdy campers can make more noise.

BTW.. I was 50 when my youngest daughter was born.. your just a whippersnapper at 46 :Laughing:

4. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

We were pitched once next to a young lady who had a baby in her caravan.

-The warden advised her to attend her local maternity unit next time!:BigGrin:

By the way Cam, that's a brave job you are doing! Best of luck and we hope the little mite has a good future ahead of him/her. It must be heartbreaking to pass them back if you have personal doubts about their full time carers.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  5. sedge

sedge Funster

I don't know this but why wouldn't the "being on holiday so out in the fresh air" thing which makes children dog tired, work for babies just as well as for those who can walk?

:thumb:

6. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi Like you we have done foster care never babies though but like scotjimlad says dont worry about it most people on campsites are families anyway and should understand if they dont give them some earplugs:Rofl1::Rofl1:

We took one of our foster kids to france for 4 weeks and he loved it he was 7 at the time.

Good luck and well done for doing this

Gerry

7. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Wonderful job you are doing, congratulations. Whether the babies are fostered or your own there is no difference. Check with a site first but I cannot see how they can discriminate against a child.
    We care for adults with learning difficulties in our own home and take them anywhere, they have the same rights as the rest of us .

8. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

thoughts are you are very brave, go for the camping, any site you like will be fine, I always wildcamp, hee hee.

9. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

TBO my mate Snowy often cries out at night when he realizes he's been paying nearly £4 a pint:Doh::Wink:
    :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

10. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

Nice one.

A very worthwhile occupation and there are a lot of kids out there...

We used to have a lot of grief about noise on sites....But "That's Life"

Steve.

11. Road Runner

Yerr Steve but you are always used to be early doors :drink::drink::drink:

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

12. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I know that a babies cry sounds very loud to responsible parents. Whereas the irressponsible parents seem to be deaf to the noise their children make:BigGrin:

You will be fine, it will sound like an alarm in the motorhome,:Eeek: but it won't travel too far, don't worry, enjoy the trip:thumb:

13. Road Runner

Cam you'll often find families around you so it really as Steve AD say "thats life":Smile:

sorry for my bit of sillyness:Wink::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

14. grumps147

grumps147 Funster

1 month olkd is only crying for food, and still fairly small - the noise will sound worse to you. Teething noise as they get a bit older can travel a short distance - but i agree with everyone else, uncontrolled children and drunks/layabouts make far more noise. GO FOR IT:thumb::thumb:

15. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

I never mind when kids carry on. It's like when they play up in the supermarket. Mine did the same and my sympathies are always with the parents. :BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin:

Ivy

16. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

Not sure about babies on campsites - but I like 'em first thing in the morning - on toast, lightly grilled with a bit of tomato ketchup. :RollEyes:

17. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Don't worry about it, campers who are on family sites are all in or have been in the same situation if they have kids with them, for older less tolerant couples like us there are plenty of adult only sites!!

18. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

19. IrasciBill

IrasciBill Funster

Babies

Hi Cam,
    The fact that you have asked the question shows that you are considerate of those around you.
    That being the case, any reasonable person should accept that you will be doing your utmost to be a good neighbour and any parent will understand your situation - we've all been there !!! I'm sure you'll always be doing what's best for the baby in any situation
    Go for it and enjoy yourselves. You're doing a wonderful thing for an innocent child who is entitled to the same rights as anyone else. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

20. Cam1

Cam1 Funster

Thanks for all you replies.
    We are always considerate on sites, but not having had a baby in the motorhome before I thought I'de check the general feeling.
    It just shows me what a happy bunch we are!:Laughing:

All the best
    Cam :thumb: