Baavet duvet discount on bargain box (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
There was a recent thread on baavet duvets. I have had one for a few years, the best duvet i have ever had. Anyone interested just had an email that this weekend only there is 30% off the bargain box ( slight seconds). Enter BB30 for the discount. Just ordered a single for my daughter :)

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Baavet is a duvet so the wool is in pockets. Think they are two different things. I prefer a duvet so love these as it keeps me cool in summer and warm in winter. I only posted the code as there was a thread on them not at long ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Baavet is a duvet so the wool is in pockets. Think they are two different things. I prefer a duvet so love these as it keeps me cool in summer and warm in winter. I only posted the code as there was a thread on them not at long ago.

thanks.. yes, I understand the construction .. I've had all sorts of duvets and irrespective of filling after a while the filling clumps and leaves cold spots .. so was thinking on going back to good old fashioned pure wool blankets..

you said you had a Baavet for years, hence my asking

KKB

Free Member
Jan 20, 2016
North of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks very much Spidey. Had a look at the Baavet thread yesterday and very nearly ordered a double for the van there and then. Just saved myself £25 so well chuffed.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
We are at the Peterborough show and the chap selling them there cannot match the discount offer here. We have the quilt, which is great, so looked the pillows today, but not at the show price...... Will order next week on line.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We are at the Peterborough show and the chap selling them there cannot match the discount offer here. We have the quilt, which is great, so looked the pillows today, but not at the show price...... Will order next week on line.
When I arranged the 20% Funster discount code I did ask if the Show prices might be cheaper but was told it was unlikely as stands are mostly operated by their retailers. We really like the pillows & order the 900gm with the extra zip up pillowcase so can make 4 pillows out of 3 by sharing the stuffing between them all (y)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
@Broken Link Removed yes we liked the feel today of the 900gm ones so will sort that next week thanks.

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I think it only works on the bargain box :) just tried it and it worked :)
User the funsters discount that wombles arranged if full price :)

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
thanks.. yes, I understand the construction .. I've had all sorts of duvets and irrespective of filling after a while the filling clumps and leaves cold spots .. so was thinking on going back to good old fashioned pure wool blankets..

you said you had a Baavet for years, hence my asking

These don't seem to clump as they are in squares and stay put. They are flatter than a feather or synthetic. I don't need to shake it all.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
After reading the previous Baavet thread I bought a bargain duvet, it is absolutely wonderful, for the first time in years I don't overheat and sleep much better.
Good to hear that you sleep better in sheep too! (y)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The Bargain Box is now less than 1 page & normally up to 5 so hopefully a few more Funsters got a great deal?
Big thank you @Spidey as we ordered 2 more Bargain Box (no fault just between standard weights) duvets using the 30% off code & wouldn't have known about it without this thread as even though we have placed previous orders with Baavet so would be on their mailing list & have a Baavet contact who agreed the Funster discount we weren't aware of this one!

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Glad it was helpful :). Just been on there and some more has been added so back up to 3 pages :)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you again @Spidey - got a couple more duvets at under £50 each :D Think they are adding stock as it gets low as looks like what happened yesterday too but didn't expect them to update again on a Sunday. Now have ordered wool replacements for all our duvets at bargain prices even though most are just in between their standard weights & no faults. Just got to do an order for more wool pillows & storage bags from the full price items with Funster discount then our credit card can breathe a sigh of relief for next month!
Did any other Funsters get a bargain too? Still 3 pages & more good ones left at the moment...

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
Thanks for this info was going to buy some today at the Peterborough show then @Anthea M told me about this thread so I've just ordered some online now and saved £103.00!!

Also got the free delivery so saves taking them home in van too.

Liz

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
Thank you for the heads up. I have bought a duvet and saved over £120! It comes with a fault of a thicker wool patch but I'm handy with a needle and thread so will soon sort it out.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It's great to hear about the deals Funsters have got - just think how many years membership that saving pays for! :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for this info was going to buy some today at the Peterborough show then @Anthea M told me about this thread so I've just ordered some online now and saved £103.00!!

Also got the free delivery so saves taking them home in van too.

Liz
So glad you got your quilts! They will be lovely in your van!!:sneaky:(y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Just ordered two! Very well timed posting as I'd said a couple of days ago that we needed to replace the duvet on our bed and it would be nice to have a new one in the new van :)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We started off with all camping/caravanning type cheaper items in our motorhome but when we first joined Fun I read a comment that stuck with me - someone said that having the best items that you can afford in the motorhome makes it more enjoyable so we all should have a little bit of luxury :) Gradually we are replacing most things bit by bit & when luxury items come along at the right price like these wool duvets you know it makes sense!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Still a couple of king size duvets with no faults just in between standard weights left (y) so don't be too late as code is just for this weekend...

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For those that ordered how do you find your new wool duvets? Overall we have found them to be excellent & are gradually changing all ours to wool plus wool pillows but if you do receive one not as described (sometimes broken stitching or marks not spotted) from Baavet then you have 30 days for free returns. We sleep much better as no broken sleep from overheating & that's not just me (lady of a certain age :blusher:) but even our teenage son was impressed by these & that is unusual for him!

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
Not tried ours yet as they are for the new Moho we pick up next Thursday but will be trying them out that night and will let you know.

Liz

Jazzledog

Free Member
May 1, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer B588PL
Exp
Very pleased with our duvet, used the code for the bargain box and had incomplete stitching for about 4 inches on one seam line. It took a fair amount of airing to diminish the smell of lanolin to an acceptable level but it's fine now. We were brought up with a farming background so the smell conjures memories of shearing time for me....:snooze:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back