B564 roof advice please (1 Viewer)

May 22, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 600DT
Exp
Since 2012
Can anyone tell us how strong the roof is? I need to walk on it for cleaning etc.
Also, if I want to attack solar panels and/or roof rack, can these go anywhere on the roof or are there key areas where its structurally reinforced?

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
You don't need to worry about the integrity of your roof, I walk on mine to clean it every so often, no problem. Have also fitted Oyster sat dish
and solar panel, using Sikaflex - everything fine. I took the cables through the roof above the Techtower and that made everything easy.

You can mount them wherever is best, the strength is constant throughout the roof panel.

Mike

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I crawl around on my b544 roof trying to put most weight where supported, eg edges. I also do what I can from step ladder and extending brush.
Overall I think they are pretty strong.
Not sure about positioning panels

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Mine is aluminium outer skin. Yes its strong enough to walk on but you risk leaving dents in it. Put blanket down with board over to spread your weight. Some have fibreglass skin to protect against hail, these might not need these precautions.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ok to go on roof but try and stay away from roof vents as you could disturb the seal on older vans, I had this problem after having dome fitted a few years ago, I don't know what size the fitters were but one roof vent leaked a few months after.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back