B564 - cracked shower tray

Discussion in 'Hymer' started by HomerB564, Jul 26, 2016.

1. HomerB564

HomerB564 Funster

Help....
    the shower tray in our Hymer B564 broke at the weekend and I need to repair or replace asap. The plastic had become brittle and broke around the water-drain/plug-hole fitting.
    Can anyone suggest a supplier and how easy are these to replace? I'm an experienced DIY'er but any advice will make the job easier.
    Many thanks :)

2. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Just had mine replaced by Hambiltons after 3 repairs none of which were very successful, should have replaced first-time. Once they get to a certain age repairs are a lottery as the plastic gets very brittle.
    Depending on the year and if you're going to keep the van new is better but spares for older vans are starting to become hard to get. Ours is 2002 and some spares are now discontinued we actually fitted a completely new bathroom but some panels including shower door were no longer available. We also fitted new blinds and had the same problem.
    Suppose the other factor is how much you use your van with us its approx 6 months a year so the bathroom gets a hard time.
    Have to say a very expensive job but we're over the moon with it the bathroom looks brand new now.:)(y)

• Like Like x 1
  3. davanne

davanne Funster

If you need a replacement making Derek Justice in Derby does an excellent job....he made a replacement washbasin for our Hymer made TEC freetec and we have been very pleased with the quality ..it is a lot stronger than the original. I can let you have his details if you want them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. wanderer

wanderer Funster

We had ours done by Speedcoat 2 years ago and all has been fine since . If its a quick repair you want maybe its the way to go . They operate on an area franchise basis and did mine on my drive in a day

5. Microchip

Microchip Funster

We also used Speed cote, very good finish and much stronger than original

Keith..

6. HomerB564

HomerB564 Funster

Thanks everybody (y)