May 22, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 600DT
Exp
Since 2012
Help....
the shower tray in our Hymer B564 broke at the weekend and I need to repair or replace asap. The plastic had become brittle and broke around the water-drain/plug-hole fitting.
Can anyone suggest a supplier and how easy are these to replace? I'm an experienced DIY'er but any advice will make the job easier.
Many thanks :)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Just had mine replaced by Hambiltons after 3 repairs none of which were very successful, should have replaced first-time. Once they get to a certain age repairs are a lottery as the plastic gets very brittle.
Depending on the year and if you're going to keep the van new is better but spares for older vans are starting to become hard to get. Ours is 2002 and some spares are now discontinued we actually fitted a completely new bathroom but some panels including shower door were no longer available. We also fitted new blinds and had the same problem.
Suppose the other factor is how much you use your van with us its approx 6 months a year so the bathroom gets a hard time.
Have to say a very expensive job but we're over the moon with it the bathroom looks brand new now.:)(y)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
If you need a replacement making Derek Justice in Derby does an excellent job....he made a replacement washbasin for our Hymer made TEC freetec and we have been very pleased with the quality ..it is a lot stronger than the original. I can let you have his details if you want them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
We had ours done by Speedcoat 2 years ago and all has been fine since . If its a quick repair you want maybe its the way to go . They operate on an area franchise basis and did mine on my drive in a day

Microchip

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
We had ours done by Speedcoat 2 years ago and all has been fine since . If its a quick repair you want maybe its the way to go . They operate on an area franchise basis and did mine on my drive in a day
We also used Speed cote, very good finish and much stronger than original

Keith..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back