Free Member
Dec 30, 2012
Lincolnshire & Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2 Years
Do any fellow B544 owners have a problem with the air filter warning light illuminating ?

Mine illuminates whenever flooring the accelerator and exceeding 60 mph, usually downhill !

I own a 1989 vintage with the Fiat 2.5 engine and I have replaced the air filter so it's not actually blocked. Resetting the warning switch is an easy task but it is just annoying having to do this quite often.

Any suggestions / sensible comments welcome:roflmto:

Beemer

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Do any fellow B544 owners have a problem with the air filter warning light illuminating ?

Mine illuminates whenever flooring the accelerator and exceeding 60 mph, usually downhill !

I own a 1989 vintage with the Fiat 2.5 engine and I have replaced the air filter so it's not actually blocked. Resetting the warning switch is an easy task but it is just annoying having to do this quite often.

Any suggestions / sensible comments welcome:roflmto:

Beemer

Either your new filter IS restrictive or the switch sensitivity has increased with age. The switch (sensor) looks at the pressure in the intake & compares it with atmospheric pressure. If the pressure becomes too low in the intake the switch assumes the filter is becoming clogged. So the only two possibilities are those above (other than old socks / pedestrians / dead wildlife stuck in the air intake to the filter).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
take the sensor out still connected to its wires and tape it to something suitable....it wont see any vacuum differential then.
Certainly sounds like the sensor has become too sensitive and is failing

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back