LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
B&Q are currently advertising a complete satellite system inc HD receiver and a 65cm dish for £40 !!
Although they have done these before, at higher prices, this advert caught my eye as I noticed the received looked very small and suspected it may be 12vdc as well as mains..
BINGO... Bought one today to look at and for £40 it's a bargain.

You get a very small receiver thats 5" x 4" x 1" thick. It has "F" socket for dish input plus IF output so you can connect inline to another receiver. HDMI port, Scart socket, USB and a 12vdc jack. Power is via a mains adaptor but that can easily be substituted for a 12v power lead and of course a remote control..
Operation and picture quality is good but the EPG is your basic now and next.. You DO NOT get the channels in order like Sky or Feeesat. This is a free to air box and can be used to tune several satellites. It has USB socket so you can plug in a memory stick and RECORD !! Also a quick test proved that it will also act as a media player and does Music files (mp3), photos and even FILMS (.avi)

I havent bothered with the dish but it's a 65cm offset steel one with wall / patio base mount with a 0.3db LNB, very useable and you could get a cheap tripod mount off ebay to suit. Also in the box is a HDMI lead, RG6 sat cable and F plugs....

May be of use to someone needing a starter system... Note the website says £49 and show a different mains only receiver so if you go hunting for one look for the picture on the box of the small receiver.. ps.. Stock was available today at Wednesbury, JN9 on M6.

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Just bought one, not many left though.

I may annoy my family tonight trying to set it up tonight
:)