Ay up theer from Yorkshire!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by barsteward, Nov 5, 2014.

1. barsteward

barsteward Funster

Well, talk about confused dot com mixed with excitement, arrived at one of those crossroads in life and possibly the last. I've been lurking for some months gleaning information on what seemed a relatively simple decision. Buy a motor home and bugger off abroad on a new adventure. How wrong could I be. "Simples innit" until you start reading all the info available on here, what started out as a bed on wheels became, fixed bed or not, dinette or bench wet system or blown air....you get my drift I'm sure.

The more I read the more difficult the decision became the more I looked at motor homes the more confused I became anyways bit the bullet yesterday and bought a 2013 Swift Bolearo 712sb so can now legitimately claim to be a Funster. I'm sort of in enforced retirement and as I've been to a lot more funerals than weddings in the last couple of years have come to the conclusion that if my savings run out before I officially retire then so be it. Plan is to turn try and get everything sortid before the end of December and then turn right at Calais for winter, (wow! am I really doing this) Don't know any language other than a very poor grasp of English, never been across to mainland Europe and never driven on the opposite side of the road. (Well not intentionally anyways)

Gonna need a lot of help and advise but sure I've come to the right place hope to meet with as many of you peeps as possible on my travels, at least until the money runs out.

PS
    Was traveling along the M62 last Wednesday helping a friend out with some deliveries for his company, unpaid of course (cough!!) when I spotted a big yellow smiley on the back of a motorhome as I drew up to it (It was a Burstner Delpine,if that was you Hi!!) I almost beeped and waved........then thought what a daft old bugger I am. LOL

• Like Like x 6
  2. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

Wow - what an adventure!

Welcome to the Fun :)

3. scousebird

scousebird Funster

Hello :welc:

Enjoy your adventure abroad, there is so much to see and do over there.

4. PHD

PHD Read Only Funster

From one Yorkshireman to another, welcome aboard. I hope you have a blast in the new MH.

5. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

:welc:

6. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi & Welcome from the Isle of Wight, Enjoy your forth coming travels and don't worry about too much, life is too short.
    Terry FIDGET

7. Debs

Debs Funster

Hi & welcome......
    I'm sure you'll love it, whichever side of the road you end up on(y)

8. Badknee

Badknee Funster

:welc: Even though you are from the wrong side of the Pennines :whistle2: :rofl:

9. barsteward

barsteward Funster

Thanks for the welcome so far ....six and only 20 mins since I posted up, best just mention my names Les, Wifey is called Sue and the chocolate lab is called A flippin minky.. No No, he's called Jay Jay.
    Wifey not at all sure about this but there's no way! she's gonna let me go on my own and spend the hard earned so I hope she grows to like it LOL

• Like Like x 3
  10. barsteward

barsteward Funster

Ha Ha, Red Flag at bull, looks like I'm gonna enjoy this. where do I find the smilies?

11. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

12. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

An excellent plan. The only question, Spain with the masses or keep going and Morocco with the masses at a fraction of the cost and better weather.

You may consider fitting a big solar panel to make yourselves more independent especially if you go for Morocco.

13. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Top left of reply box, second line down is a smiley face. Just click it and all will be revealed Ooooooer Mrs.:D

14. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Welcome to Fun barsteward. You may want to rethink your forum name, it gets used a lot on here by funsters for want of a the real thing. :)

15. barsteward

barsteward Funster

Hi Hilldweller, am going to take everything steady and pretty much play it by ear, have read the thread on the Morocco trip and would love to do it but have to walk before I can run especially where Sue is concerned. As I say everything will be very fluid and if it happens it happens.

Don't pick the Swift up until 18th and there is a frightening amount of kit to buy as it has nothing apart from a solar panel and as yet I don't know what the output is. Hope to make it as near self contained as possible subject to finances so will now be starting the "ask silly question thread" LOL

16. barsteward

barsteward Funster

Thanks Badknee, or sho9uld that be Badback coming from Lacashire anall. LOL

17. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hello Welcome to Fun, love your introduction, as Hilldweller says Solar Panel with good output the way to go, sounds like some adventures ahead, keep posting :welc:

18. Badknee

Badknee Funster

No luvvie it's my knee. Don't change your name, it fits. :whistle2: :reel:

19. barsteward

barsteward Funster

I love the name LOL has served me well for a good number of years on another forum (hasn't it John??) and I just love it when people take the michael I must however be much more careful about the way I post on here as it is much more family orientated.

20. Mel

Mel Funster

Hello and welcome
    Les & Sue

:welc:

Mel & Lieve