Awnings for demountables

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by grandpabeard, Aug 11, 2009.

1. grandpabeard

grandpabeard Read Only Funster

Hi I am looking for an awning for my Apollo demountable as there is no rail i thought of having a Fiamma or Omnistor with privacy room. Also part of the awning back would have a space of approx 4 feet could I put a wind break at the back. As i am new to this maybe some one out there as overcome this Thanks :Doh:

One day my boat will come in...
    Knowing my luck ... I'll be at the airport when it does

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

first thing to check is, are the walls suitable for a windout awning?

i dont know the structural build of demountables but caravan walls arent, generally, strong enough for the windouts.

if its built to motorhome standards , plywood /foam/GRP or Aluminium skin on a wooden frame, you shouldnt have a problem:thumb:

3. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

You can fit a rail to the rear or side, Towsure sell it, its self adeasive but put screws in as well. We put one on the side of our 5ver for a large porch awning, and a friend has one on the rear of his demountable. he uses one of thoses dome type freestanding awnings and attaches to the rail he put on. He also has a fiama type on the side for if he just wants some shade.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi,

I would suggest you give Glenn Harris a ring and have a chat to him about what you wish to do.

He knows all Fiamma products and fitting backwards.

Peter

5. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

no good Peter they want one fitted the right way round.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

6. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Do not know much about demountables but understand they are used a lot in Aussie with 4x4 inc Land Rovers - In the Land Rover world there are 2 distributors in the UK of a product called Oz tents which are an awning come storage tent that they say takes 30 second to erect. Look at www.boab.biz and hit the Oz tents link on the left hand side or look at www.neneoverland.co.uk and look at the link there for Oz tents. Have met one or two that have them and swear by them because they can take all the loose bits out of the cab and demountable or motorhome and have them under cover in seconds .