Awnings again...help needed!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by Dave and Ginny, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

Sorry to put another post on about awnings but need a suggestion or two on how I can, if possible, get around this. Could do with an awning to over winter in Benidorm. It has to fit to the Fiamma 4 mm slot and ideally I'd like the door to open up into it. Doesn't need to be drive away. I'm begining to think I'd do better with a good stand alone day tent? 11880496_870588849699895_5442297824388546301_n.jpg

2. scotzsue

scotzsue Funster

We used a sunncamp 390 on our last van but the awning had a larger slot, as has the one on our new van, had one day with the vango awning as a tent before buying a kador strip and figure of 8 so we could attach it to the van.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

I still say you wont go far wrong with a khyam motordome. simplicity itself to erect and attach or detach to the van. have had ours up in some pretty good storms
    having tried most awning types over the years, I can recommend the quality of the khyam

• Like Like x 1
  4. Manic

Manic Funster

We used a Kampa motor rally 390 and they come with 2 bead sizes fitted and they would clear the door but maybe not good for a long period. Or buy a second hand frame tent and place it facing your van. We got this one for £25 off Gumtree. image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

I keep looking at just a stand alone tent that would be so very simple...Ginny still likes awnings :(, three months in Spain with me making wrong decision :rolleyes:. Looked at Dorema Challenger yesterday, very nice, probably fit van ok but would need an adapter kit but if using one of those does the awning move out from van and make closing the gap difficult?