Free Member
Feb 12, 2014
Lanarkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I've just purchased a drive away Awning my question is do you erect the awning first and pass it through the Attached canopy what's the best way to attach to the MH I have the fig 8 thing to attach to the sun canopy

Thanks

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi,
I erect the drive away awning first and then move it into place and slide the 2 figure of 8's in, align and then peg out the 'tent' and then last the tunnel wings.

Here is ours when I have just pegged out the awning - last will be the tunnel wings (which are not yet pegged on the photo). You can see the two figure 8's in.

Hope it helps.

Trikeman. :winky:

OP
OP
Gauntlet

Gauntlet

Free Member
Feb 12, 2014
Lanarkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi,
I erect the drive away awning first and then move it into place and slide the 2 figure of 8's in, align and then peg out the 'tent' and then last the tunnel wings.

Here is ours when I have just pegged out the awning - last will be the tunnel wings (which are not yet pegged on the photo). You can see the two figure 8's in.

Hope it helps.

Thanks it does help my concern is how do you slide the tunnel through the rail when the awning and van are in a fixed position

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi,
on your drive away awning tunnel you have a seam, furthest from the tent, which is like a tube inside a fabric cover (about 6mm). In your wind out awning you have a groove (usually about 6mm - 4mm).
Into the wind out awning you slide a Kador rail which is like the drive away awning seam, but double ended - you can leave this on if you wish.

Then once all's lined up, offer the drive away awning tunnel up to the Kador rail and slide in the figure of eight to the required length. Do check the size of the groove in the wind out awning before buying - I use a drill bit which will show the correct size. The one in the ebay link is 6mm by 6mm.

Broken Link Removed

Hope it helps.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/fiamma-drive-away-fixing-kit.html

Fiamma Drive Away Fixing Kit Figure of 8

Fiamma/Omnistor Drive away fixing kit OR532.
Designed so one side of the fixing kit slides into the channel at the front of a Fiamma/Omnistor wind-out awning, and the other fits into a figure of 8 track for attachment of driveaway and caravan awnings. [HI]6mm beading one side 4mm the other, most awnings use the 6mm beading for attachment to an awning rail, this kit allows you to join to the smaller size used on the front of Fiamma and Omnistore cassette awnings.[/HI]
Simply slide the narrower length of twin piping into the channel of the wind-out awning. Now slide the figure of 8 plastic strips onto the opposite side of the same twin piping section. The opposite side of the figure 8 simply slides onto the piping sewn onto the back of your awning.
Kit comes complete with 3 figure 8 pieces and 2.0m of tape, if you have a longer awning, you can increase by purchasing more kits.

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
http://www.johnscross.co.uk/fiamma-drive-away-fixing-kit.html

Fiamma Drive Away Fixing Kit Figure of 8

Fiamma/Omnistor Drive away fixing kit OR532.
Designed so one side of the fixing kit slides into the channel at the front of a Fiamma/Omnistor wind-out awning, and the other fits into a figure of 8 track for attachment of driveaway and caravan awnings. [HI]6mm beading one side 4mm the other, most awnings use the 6mm beading for attachment to an awning rail, this kit allows you to join to the smaller size used on the front of Fiamma and Omnistore cassette awnings.[/HI]
Simply slide the narrower length of twin piping into the channel of the wind-out awning. Now slide the figure of 8 plastic strips onto the opposite side of the same twin piping section. The opposite side of the figure 8 simply slides onto the piping sewn onto the back of your awning.
Kit comes complete with 3 figure 8 pieces and 2.0m of tape, if you have a longer awning, you can increase by purchasing more kits.
I bought one of these from John's Cross for our driveaway awning - it works a treat :thumb:

I normally get the motorhome into position (level, etc.) before starting on the awning - it's easier to move the awning around as it's lighter (depending on the strength of the wind). Then once the awning is pegged in position, you can be reasonably sure that you will be level when you return after a trip out

Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I agree with the others regarding putting the awning up the first time, however, once fitted place a penny washer on a nail and put it in the ground next to the front and rear tyre so that you can place the van back in exactly the same place when you have moved off and returned. Can save you ages shunting back and forward trying to get back to the same position.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back