pete c

Free Member
Aug 13, 2013
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi all, on my plate autotrail scout se the wind out awning wont fully retract into its housing by about an inch or so. it's ok to travel with but the wind whistles through quite loudly,any one else had this problem and solved it ?

many thanks. pete.c

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi all, on my plate autotrail scout se the wind out awning wont fully retract into its housing by about an inch or so. it's ok to travel with but the wind whistles through quite loudly,any one else had this problem and solved it ?

many thanks. pete.c

Pete,
mine (06 Apache) has done this before, a few times - remedy, wind it back out a tad, just a turn or two. Then switch the crancking to close with a quick non-stop action and ours trips in and locks no problem.

Worth a try.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
mine also autotrail has done this you need to

check that the two uprights that fold in are at the correct point when the last 2 inchs go in or the closure dosnt happen pain in the arse but u get used to it my advice is when u find this point then maqrk on the upright on both so when u fold them up and tuck in they will be at the correct lenth,
also the feet need to be tucked in lenth as well if the end where the ground pins are not folded in this causes thism issue as well but dont drive away like this if the worse case happens u cant tuck this closed try again but i wouldnt take the chance and drive away may work but would like to try ,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
check that the two uprights that fold in are at the correct point when the last 2 inchs go in or the closure dosnt happen pain in the arse but u get used to it my advice is when u find this point then maqrk on the upright on both so when u fold them up and tuck in they will be at the correct lenth,
also the feet need to be tucked in lenth as well if the end where the ground pins are not folded in this causes thism issue as well but dont drive away like this if the worse case happens u cant tuck this closed try again but i wouldnt take the chance and drive away may work but would like to try ,,

Beat me to it - that happened to us last year :Smile:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Were you last parked near a tree - I had a twig fall on top and stopped it winding in

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Have you wound it in the correct way ? sounds daft but if you wind it out and carry on winding the same way to wind it in :thumb: it may well click in postilion properly -found it out by accident after fitting one to my old van --fitted it wound out -yeah looks nice then wound it back in only to find it did not click into position so wound back out and did the above -hey presto :winky: never used it again but sold the van :thumb:
terry

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I have the opposite issue. The front end of the awning sticks when windin it out. I have to wind it out about 6" then give it a gentle prise apart. Very gentle, not much required at all. I can only guess it has hit something whrn we have been driving along but I don't recall hitting anything and on close inspection a can't see an impact site or any sign of damage or twisting. Goes away no problem

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Were you last parked near a tree - I had a twig fall on top and stopped it winding in

That's happened to me with acorns.

It took ages to get them out.

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
Good points here never thought of checkin

FOR TWIGS OR THINGS BEFOR WINDING MINE IN?
GOOD THOUGHTS.:thumb:

OP
OP
P

pete c

Free Member
Aug 13, 2013
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
awning

Thanks for all the responses guys, I've had a good look over the beast this morning and stowed the vertical legs properly but the villain of the piece was a plastic bracket that had moved to the winding end of the awning ( by that I mean I'v probably done it playing about !) cant see what the bloody thing does so taken it out of the track and awning stows flat as a kippers in it's housing ! so what does the mystery bracket do as there is another one in the van rattling about in a drawer I will try and attach photos so answers on a post card please ! I know it isn't used for the safari room as I've had this up and not needed the bracket for anything.

peter:RollEyes:

Attachments

• IMAG0468.jpg
    IMAG0468.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMAG0467.jpg
    IMAG0467.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
P

pete c

Free Member
Aug 13, 2013
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
awning

thank you mystery solved ! as I don't have a rafter pole the darn thing can join its mate in the drawer :Smile:

peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back