Awning sides for unknown Rapido (1 Viewer)

styleruk

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
brentwood, uk
Funster No
MH
Rapiddo A class
Exp
Hi all.

We have recently bought a 2014 Rapido 986M, it has an awning on the side but I'm struggling a bit to find out if I can buy some kind of clip on sides for it. I've attached a couple of pics below that shows the mechanism, I'm sure there is something that fits this fixing. Or is it a standard fixture, if so, what's it called?

Many questions there, but can anyone help?
IMG_20161211_144249.jpg
IMG_20161211_144236.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
They look like the 'sockets' for where a Fiamma Privacy room poll would slot ... there's a Fiamma F45 safari room for sale on the forum which might fit

Link Removed

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Or if you wish to fit side panel these are for the poles,
upload_2017-1-24_13-25-56.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
its a fiamma f45 by the look of it. various choices of safari room awnings that can be fitted

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I have two hardly used sides .. both with windows and all fittings.
I do not have the front panel though (only ever had the sides. I can probably root them out for 45 quid if you want them.

OP
OP
styleruk

styleruk

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
brentwood, uk
Funster No
MH
Rapiddo A class
Exp
I have two hardly used sides .. both with windows and all fittings.
I do not have the front panel though (only ever had the sides. I can probably root them out for 45 quid if you want them.
That sounds interesting, how do they actually fit, do they have a bar that connects to the fittings shown in my photo?

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Aha, you are super-helpful with that link. The way this side fixes to the MH is into a big diameter (about 2"), I don't have that, Looks like I have a small hole to fix into, unless that's not for this product.
Hmmmm having watched the video ours doesnt fit like that . .. from memory it has a narrow "spike" that fits into an integral part of the awning ...
Maybe that video is showing a newer type of connector... having said that..there are some extra bits in the bag I think.. can't remember.
I know I'm happy to sell them but tbh .they probably don't weigh much less than our inflatable Kampa. . Probably take as long or longer to put up and seriously slow down putting the awning away in adverse conditions.
(I hate em)
:D

Edit: having looked at your pictures.. thats what they go into.. same as yours

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Its a basic f45 awning which accepts the normal pole receptor at van side and pole fits over knuckle at the leg end . All available freely on ebay or fiamma site .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just a thought ... have you ever used a safari room? If not you may not want too as they can be a pain to put up/take down.

OP
OP
styleruk

styleruk

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
brentwood, uk
Funster No
MH
Rapiddo A class
Exp
Hmmmm having watched the video ours doesnt fit like that . .. from memory it has a narrow "spike" that fits into an integral part of the awning ...
Maybe that video is showing a newer type of connector... having said that..there are some extra bits in the bag I think.. can't remember.
I know I'm happy to sell them but tbh .they probably don't weigh much less than our inflatable Kampa. . Probably take as long or longer to put up and seriously slow down putting the awning away in adverse conditions.
(I hate em)
:D

Edit: having looked at your pictures.. thats what they go into.. same as yours
Cool, then it is sold! Now the logistics, can I pm you my PayPal account name and maybe you can request the money? I guess they'll have to be posted as I'm in Essex, near Brentwood.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Its a basic f45 awning which accepts the normal pole receptor at van side and pole fits over knuckle at the leg end . All available freely on ebay or fiamma site .
I always carry the poles for both sides, have got the fiamma sides and the windblocker carry them both as well. very usefull for hanging wet towels over.:)

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Cool, then it is sold! Now the logistics, can I pm you my PayPal account name and maybe you can request the money? I guess they'll have to be posted as I'm in Essex, near Brentwood.
You're welcome.. I'm almost in Essex. . Nr ilford. The side panels are here .. The vans in durham and the poles are in that but I'm up there next weekend so I'll grab them then and drop them over to you if you like ...

OP
OP
styleruk

styleruk

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
brentwood, uk
Funster No
MH
Rapiddo A class
Exp
You're welcome.. I'm almost in Essex. . Nr ilford. The side panels are here .. The vans in durham and the poles are in that but I'm up there next weekend so I'll grab them then and drop them over to you if you like ...
Now that is handy, ok, let me know when you have them and either I'll come to you or the other way round. I can pay you cash then. I'll pm my phone number, Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back