mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Oh.. Height.. Renault master PVC.. Think height is 2800ish. Is that OK?

And sliding door.. Problem? Easy solution?

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Well really pleased. @Johns_Cross_Motorhomes called me back and I've ordered the awning.. Yippee can't wait to try it out Eater weekend at Praa Sands.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Think I want this one..

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/outdoor-revolution-movelite-xl-awning.html

@Johns_Cross_Motorhomes are busy so while I wait for them to get back to me..

1. Do I need an awning carpet? I think this has a floor so the mud will stay out.. What would a carpet give me
2. How does the so called special fixing thing work? I'm not keen to fit an awning rail so that's why this one appeals but I'm not sure I understand how it works.
AFAIK the 'fixing kit' is basically a set of straps that you throw over the top of the van and peg down on the other side, so no need to put a rail or anything else on your van, this is the easiest way to do it if you intend to keep attaching and detaching to go off site - you can use the 'figure of 8' kit to attach it to an existing roll out awning (ie Fiamma/Omnistor) and although it's not overly difficult, it's not as easy as the straps.

As it's 3m wise you won't have a problem with your sliding door being fully opened - the smaller version is only 2.4m wide so restricts the opening. Height shouldn't be a problem either due to the straps to take the slack out of the tunnel material (it was pain on the older ones without this as it moved around in the wind like a set of bellows!). As for a carpet - this won't come with one (or they never used to!) so you can put down whatever you want but you'll probably find that the removable groundsheet is more than sufficient, we tend to use some mats just to wipe or put our shoes etc on to save walking them muck inside, at least that way you don't have a carpet to clean, just a mat!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back